Scamming the scammer...part II

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fBaran, Feb 16, 2006.

1. fBaran macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
    Do you all remember p-p-p-powerbook? I was selling my pc and monitor on craigslist, so an attempt for a scam was inevitable. I'm going to make the best of this. I should also add I'm getting scammed by the same IP address with a different name for my xBox. I'll be doing the same with that.
    Also as a disclaimer, I'm using an address of where I used to work.

I have email and pics of everything so far. I'll start with the beginning...

I describe the item, condtion and all, in my add. And of course I get the classic:
    So I say yes, it certainly is just like I described it in the add, and reply to his email. Later that night...
    Hohohohoho, boy. Did I see that coming or what!
    I says in reply
    For you non-native Frenchh speakers, Enculer Silvuplay is grammatically incorrect for starters, and it means, in the formal manner, "f_ck please"
    Looks like he doesn't know French.

He's pretty quick with that payment!
    I got back to him IMMEDIATELY, as he requested ;)
    You know, just in case I don't check my email compulsively.
    So, I get to weigh my PC and 21" CRT monitor.
    That's pretty light, don't you think? He didn't.
    First class sca-...I mean service! Straight to my doorstep!
    Now here's my USPS confirmation. I had to attach it because it's pretty big.
    Here's where my story ends....for now. Anybody want to pitch in some ideas? Help out?

Attached Files:

2. iBlue macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
  3. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
  4. makisushi macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    I also love 419eater.

those are for nigerian scams.
    One of my clients is a law firm, that recently represented a guy who was taken for about 1.2 million by a nigerian scam. He was being prosecuted because he had "borrowed" the money from his business in which he was partner.
  5. mkaake macrumors 65816

Apr 10, 2003
    I haven't been to that site, but got one of those recently, and decided to have at it. So I gave him my contact information (er, actually, the local FBI office's contact information)...
  6. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
  7. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    So he's paying shipping and duties on $2455 worth of merchandise? What's that gonna cost him, $100? :D
  8. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
    Honestly, I have no idea. If it is gonna cost him that little, oh well. It's still worth it for me. I don't have to take out the trash that way. Plus, I had to go to FedEx anyways :)
  9. Raid macrumors 68020

Feb 18, 2003
    Well I haven't read the entire tariff act it looks like it's a minimum of 5%... but there could be exceptions.

Maybe next time you can send the scamer this book to help him turn his life around. :D
  10. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
    LMAO! That's great. Maybe I will. After all, he's trying to scam me for my xBox with different name...from the same IP address.
  11. JHipp macrumors member

Dec 28, 2005
  12. mac.head.high macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Next time, send a Nokia N-Gage. That will teach anyone a lesson.