Scams, shams 'n' stuff

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrSmith, Aug 9, 2006.

1. MrSmith macrumors 68040

Nov 27, 2003
    Most of you guys are intelligent, style-conscious people (that's why we use Macs, right? :cool: ). Well, I just wondered if you people get a little pee'd of with the cr@p the Internet hosts sometimes?

I recently came across the Richjerk thing. I don't know what that's worth, but the book sells on Amazon so at least it physically exists. Anyway, I googled their address (I was bored) and just down the hall from them, in a different suite, is this company . From what I can gather from the Richjerk site is that they show you how to make 'millions' without doing much. So is this linked site just a sham to make big bucks? You have to dig deep into the site to get any info at all, and when you do it's little more than a detailed glossary. Not to mention the stock photos. Basically, it's a joke. Why would anyone take it seriously? From all outward appearances this is further from honest business than anything I've come across. Sorry, but it just annoys me.
  2. bobscliff macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Hey man you could win a free ipod! or a free xbox! just hit the monkey with the laser gun!
  3. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2006
    Yeah, scammers should be sent to fight in Iraq....

Armed only with their crappy advertising and business skills.

(P.S. they would also be draped in american flag clothing and dumped off a truck into heavy fighting.)

sure, a little detailed/harsh, but the ones like the Nigerian mail away'ers really need to be shot and dragged about.

my $.02