Scandal-plagued Jefferson kept off Ways and Means

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 12, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

i like it.

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Sure it wasn't William Jefferson Clinton? LOL :D

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What's to complain? He shouldn't be given back his seat on the committee. This is a man who had, as I recall, $10,000 hidden in his freezer. He's probably going to jail at some point.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This guy got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and they reelect this guy? Tells you how screwed up this country is.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

$90,000 apparently.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I stand corrected.

And yeah, how does a district vote to put that guy back in office? I know he hasn't been convicted, but come on.

8. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

This is how he got re-elected. Thirteen different candidates, two of which in the top 5 have the same last name.

It's the same reason TX still has the same Governor. No one likes him but the opposition spread it's vote across a Dem, two Independents, and a Libertarian candidate. If the opposition could consolidate and agree it would have been a cinch to win.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's the general election?? That's nuts! Nine Democrats, three Republicans and a Libertarian. It's like the Nader Effect on steroids.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Waiting for all of those who say Dems are no better to pipe up. Anybody? Beuller? Ok, I admit, I do a little Dem bashing myself. But this is a good thing, even if only for show. Now when they try to say something about how the Dems are all corrupt too and bring up Reid or Murtha (BTW anybody know if he's actually guilty of anything, and if so what?), they can just point out this. Good on them.

Let's see how long it lasts.