scanner capatibility for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by steelfist, Dec 3, 2005.

1. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i went to a store, and found some scanners for sale. one is from epson, and another is from a company i have never heard of. both are quite good, and i decided to buy the epson. however, it dosen't have that "capatible with mac" sign though, which made me worry.

are macs capatible with all scanners? which won't work?

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

If it helps go to the Epson website and see if they have the drivers for that scanner for the OSX that you have. Good luck and enjoy :)

3. ll350 macrumors member

I would assume...

That you could find a scanner that isn't compatible with the mac platform, but I'd estimate that like almost everything else, you'd find more mac compatible scanners than you think. If you don't see the mac symbol, check the system requirements that should be printed in small print somewhere on the box.

I have a Lexmark X1100 All-in-One, which is a low end scanner-printer combo, and it works fine with Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have a HP PSC 2410 all-in-one and it works great with my mac :) In general I have found that HP works great with Mac, Canon on the other hand is hell in a handbasket for OS X.

Ed