Scanner driver for HP Laserjet 1100a, OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by medwardg, Dec 27, 2006.

1. medwardg macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2006
    Hello, looking for help.

I'm running an eMac, 10.4.8, and a PowerBook G4, 10.3.9, through to a Jet Direct, then to an HP Laserjet 1100a. I have managed to find the printer driver (printer works great for both Mac's), but not the installer for the scanner driver. When I was running PC (before I saw the light [​IMG]), I had an installer CD that provided a desktop printer/scanner/copier manager for the 1100a.

I now need one that's Mac based, in order to run everything in addition to the printer.

Anybody know where I can get (download) the same for my Mac's?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    I just checked the HP site, and it appears that HP doesn't make scanner software for the Mac for this particular device :(

I also found this message from 2002 that suggests that you're not alone in this search...
  3. medwardg thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2006
    Thanks, wrldwzrd89

I did read the link you referenced. I also managed, as I said in my original post, to find the driver that supported the print function, itself. I'll still look for the driver(s) that support the copy/scan function.

4. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2006
    The high desert, USA
    Hi there.. question. How did you get the 1100 to hook up to your mac? I had one (gave it away) and could not figure out what hardware could be used to get from the mini centrex plug on the printer into the computer (mac mini PPC)?
  5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    I believe he said that he had it connect to a jetdirect.