Scanner Drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lewie109, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lewie109 macrumors member

lewie109

Hello Everyone!
    I picked up a Canon Canoscan D1250U2F scanner. I can't find any Drivers for Mac os X. I have been able to find classic drivers but they won't work for what I need. I have a MacBook. I will use the scanner for my schools yearbook. If you could please help me find drivers that would be great!!!!!
    I have tried google and it didn't do much good.

Thanks,
    Lewie :apple: are :cool:!!!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Huh. Canon doesn't seem to make Mac drivers for that particular model. Odd since most of their scanners have pretty good OSX drivers--I don't know how old it is, but perhaps pretty old if there are classic drivers around?

I don't see that scanner listed under the ViewScan multipurpose shareware scanner driver, but you could install the drivers for the CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF (get them from Canon's site), and see if the U2F is recognized by it--might be, perhaps with slightly decreased functionality. Free, so you might as well try.

3. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I just had the same problem with an old scanner last week. Luckily, I found a solution that works:

http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/

Download and install the binaries on this site. Fire up photoshop and go File -> import -> twain device. It should work.