Scanner help, please..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by someguy, Apr 24, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I need to setup our network scanner to actually work (need it for work purposes so I don't have to keep driving 15 miles to the office everytime I need something scanned).

We have an HP All-In-One 6110 (printer, copier, scanner, fax) and all computers (both PC and Mac) can print just fine. The machine (referred to hereafter as "the printer" ;) ) is connected to the USB port of our AirPort Express. Again, there aren't any problems connecting to the printer from any machine.

How on earth to I set it up so that I can scan from the printer and have the image imported to my iMac (fastest machine in the house so it's the one I prefer)?

Note: We used to have it set up to scan to an old... old Compaq, but we're doing away with that PC, along with most of the other Windows machines so I need this to work on Mac OS X if possible.

I imagine it'd have something to do with a confusing configuration between TWAIN (which I downloaded and have NO idea how to install :rolleyes: ), the HP Setup Assistant, maybe Image Capture...?? some drivers...? Yeah, I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance for any help you geniuses can give me. :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I do see the following in Image Capture:

Attached Files:

2. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Well, I've got the machine so that when I push the "Scan to..." button, items such as "Tiff to Preview" and "Email in Apple Mail" appear on the little display, but nothing happens when I actually try to scan.

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy