Scanner or Next OS

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iHacker, Jul 25, 2005.

1. iHacker macrumors member

Ok I am a kid so I am not rich. I have to decide whether I should buy a radio scanner or Lepoerd? I have tiger and if I wait for the one after Leopord will I still be able to upgrade? what do you guys think I should do?

2. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

leopard isn't coming out for a year or more. why would you be planning a purchase like that this far down the road?

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

From the first sentence: "I am a kid so I am not rich"

4. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

buy ultra mega braid.

but all seriousness aside, go with the radio scanner, whatever the hell that is.

go work at a restaurant underage, or um be a news carrier, get paid like 100 dollars in 2 months.

5. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

scanner

leopard wont be out for a long time buddy... tiger is fine now, and in a year or so, when leopard might be released, tiger will still be fine. :)

6. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

i'd get a radio scanner. you would be able to use it now and have some fun with it. then when leopard comes out, you can sell the scanner on ebay. What are you interested in listening in on? Aviation? Police?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What the hell would you want with a radio scanner?

8. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

being a kid and no being rich is not a necessarily logical conclusion, there are a lot of rich kids out there, and if you have a Mac and just upgraded to Tiger and your kind if dilemma in life is whether to buy leopard of some other device (which I don’t even know) you’re probably not that poor

9. iHacker thread starter macrumors member

I will be listening to the police and then probly my shool district. :D :D :D

10. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Well if you must, get a radio scanner, as Leopard is soooo far away, and by then, you should have enough money to cover that. But if I would you, unless it is really really needed, I would spend the money on something more useful.

::20ROGERSC::

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Do you really need either right now?

How long before listening to hillbilly cops chat about traffic stops before you get bored and wish you had your cash back?

If I were you, I'd save it for something worthwhile, like a car in 4 or 5 years. You'll get a lot more out of a vehicle then you will out of a police scanner.

12. macmanmatty macrumors regular

I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a

Wow, Just Wow

13. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Go with the scanner. It's always fun listening in on stuff like that. Plus then if you hear sirens go by you don't have to try to run out your door to see what they are all about lol.

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Do you disagree? Maybe I'm projecting, but I'd rather have a car then a police scanner. I realize that there's a slight disparity in the price, but AFAIK, iHacker is like 12 years old and has a while to save cash for a car.

(I believe) PT Barnum said: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

15. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

i suspect op is too lazy to work hard for the money

that was primary recommendation mood gives to iHacker. Become newspaper carrier. Make 100 dollars in 3 months.

But all seriousness aside, work for car now, the kids with the really nice cars started working when they were 12 years old, and worked every single day til senior year and bought 25,000 dollar new cars. they got all the ladies. iHacker, when you go through puberty, you will want the ladies, and ladies want power. That is why Denice Richards is my wife.