scanner problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cindy, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Cindy macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2003
    I have an older scanner hooked up with my emac. I don't use it much at all except for today. When I tried to acquire a pic, it wouldn't work. The whole window just closed on me. Sooo, I thought I would just re-install the software. I have both OS 9.2 and OS X on the emac. But it looks like it will only work in OS 9 :( So I can't install it into my ibook.
    Back to the re-install... I tried deleting the old download and it wouldn't. It just says -- cannot be deleted. Why is that? How can I delete the old download?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The scanner is an older model -- ScanAce 1236 series.
  2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    Try VueScan. Cant remeber the link but I am sure it is easy to find. Costs a bit but it is a fantastic piece of software if you use a scanner a lot. Let me know how you get on.
  3. Cindy thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2003
    I found vueScan thru the website of my scanner. VueScan doesn't seem to support the scanner I have. I did shoot an email to the company of mine tho.
    I think I'm locked into something somewhere???? Because when I try and drag anything off in the hard drive, there's a + sign. That's never been there before. I think that's why I can't throw away those old folders now.
    How do I get out of this?