Scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ee99ee, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I do alot of document scanning for record keeping and accounting of my businesses and personal life. I have to RDP to an old Windows box that has a scanner hooked into it now. What is a good all around scanner for the mac? Also, what is a good high speed scanner for mac?

-Chris

2. Gee macrumors 65816

What's your budget?

3. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I haven't decided if I'm going to be cheap and get one to get me by, or get a really good one... either way:

Cheap: <$70
    High Speed, Good One: <$400

-Chris

4. Ron Geur macrumors newbie

Scanner recommendations

I just received my new MacPro and am interested in compatible recommendations for a relatively high-end flatbead scanner. Ron

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I have a Canon LIDE 25 that I'm really happy with. I've been using the software that it came with and it works great. To scan an average photo at 600 DPI takes about 4 minutes. I haven't scanned any documents so can't say how long that takes. The best thing about it was it cost only $50.

6. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I've got a Canon LiDE 35 (At least I think its 35) which I got a couple of months ago and its great. Really compact and does exactly what I want. High quality scans too although it can be a bit slow at times. I scanned and printed (in photocopy function) an entire ring binder folder's worth of notes in an evening. It probably took about 8 hours in total but there were a *lot* of pages. I'm very happy with it! :)