Scanners bundled with PSE3?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mkrishnan, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Recently, I've wanted to get Photoshop Elements 3. I've been using GIMP, but I am getting tired of the nuances of using X11, the font crashing issues, and so on, and when I tried the demo of PSE3, I found a couple of features that were really easy to use in it that I really liked.

I remember there used to be a version of Photoshop called Photoshop LE, that was sometimes bundled with scanners. Are there any scanners that people would recommend that come with PSE3? Especially scanners that are ICA compliant? ;) I'm mostly wondering because I've also wanted a scanner, on and off, and it might be a good deal to get both at the same time. But otherwise, I know that there are at least one or two Epson USB scanners that are ICA compliant, and are available refurbished in the ~$75 range, so even separately, PSE3 at educational pricing and the scanner would only be about $160.

I would definitely use PSE3 more than the scanner, but I do have some tasks that need scanning, and right now, I only have access to scanners that are not Mac compatible. :(

Thanks everyone! :)

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i found this epson one
    It has PSE2.... on my box for PSE3 there was coupon to save $20 by mail if u have prof of elements, album, photoshop LE or photodeluxe..

3. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks, puckhead! :) It seems from my search too, that at most, there are scanners with PSE2 on them. And since I don't know if the educational discount stacks with the $20 rebate, getting 3 retail via the upgrade and the ed price seem to be a wash. I think what I am going to do is buy PSE3, and then look for something like an Epson Perfection 2400 or 2450 at some point, possibly refurbished.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The Epson Perfection 4870 comes with PS Elements. In the UK anyway...

It's a nice scanner.