Scanning via Bonjour?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ravenvii, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm wondering how exactly does scanning through Bonjour work? I have an all-in-one printer/scanner connected to the AirPort, and three computers can access it via Bonjour. Printing works fine, but I haven't tested scanning yet. How does it work? Heck, can it work?

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Fire up Image Capture. I know how to do it if you're going through a computer (share my devices with others) but I don't know how to explicitly say what you're trying. Nonetheless, try Image Capture. It is a great program.

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, but... from what I understand, how it works is you put whatever you want scanned in there, press the scan button, then it shows up on the computer right? Well how do you tell it which computer to send the scan to?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If you do it using Image Capture/Photoshop to pick up the scanner, then rather than hitting 'scan' on the scanner, you'll hit 'scan' in the software on the Mac, hence the scanner knowing where to send the information.

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I don't want to take over the thread but is it possible to have my scanner working with Image capture (10.3.9) ?? Canon LIDE 50.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Should be. My LIDE 35 works through Image Capture - it even offers to embed the scanner's LIDE 35 colour profile. I tend to use it through Photoshop though...

7. andy89 macrumors 6502

Its easy!

surely you guys on a mac forum know how to do this. :rolleyes:

Go into image capture preferences>sharing

and click on look for shared devices :)

THEN in image capture you select the shared device and click scan.
    And then the shared scanner should scan what ever is in it and it should appear on your screen

8. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

No, it doesn't work :( , "No image capture device connected" ... it works with PS tho. I want it to work with IC... Thanks!

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

It won't work in IC if you have it open in Photoshop or the Canoscan software active. If you're not scanning in those, then IC should see it...

10. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Unfortunately no success :( :( ... I would like to scan with Image capture and my LIDE 50 doesn't work with it :mad: :(

*goes to corner and cries*