Scare of my macbook's natural born life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by b0tt094, Feb 10, 2007.

1. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Ya well i was doing dishes and I enjoy to listen to music, I usally bring my book over and play it on the side of the sink like 3 feet away from water. Well today I had to put the dishes away, and not realizing it. I was putting a cup in the cupboard, but when i flipped it SPLASH right on my keyboard, luckily after 40 minutes of hair dryer and another hour of drying I'm typing this on it right now

I almost craped myself

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

You're very lucky. It could've just as easliy have needed some kind of repair.

And in the future, if you ever happen to spill something on your macbook again, I think it's recommended not to use a hair dryer. Just let it dry on its own.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Unless he likes the possible melted plastic look :)

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Haha. It would certainly make your macbook unique. ;)

5. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

lol i kno, I kept it on warm (which isn't hot enough to melt butter) and like 5 inches away from it.

6. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

Get this... My husband had a horrible day and I drew him a bubble bath to be sweet. He was so into WOW that he brought his G4 in and put it on the bath tray (a big tray that spans the width of the bathtub to put books and drinks on). He accidently knocked the WHOLE THING into the tub. Thats right, all of it. The only problem after it dried for a couple days was a spot in the shape of the Fighting Irish mascot on the lower right hand corner and it eventually went away.

And its still running strong!

7. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Oh my god I thought mine was bad.... I think macs and roaches are the only things that can survive a nuclear war :p

Peace