Scariest thing to ever happen to you

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jalexster, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

When I was a little younger in my years (I was a child), it was night, and I was sitting in our lounge room watching TV, when outside the windows a black garbage bag, upside down, spewing flames from the bottom, went past.

I screamed and fled the room. The bloody neighbours did it. It was the second sighting of one of them. The first time was during the daytime. It went over out backyard, pretty high up. We didn't belive what we saw, so we ignored it.

Anyway, what are your scariest things to happen to you. I think this grammer is scary aswell, I might add to this.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

ouch... demigoddess laying the smack down... :eek:

maybe it doesnt have to be an emergency to be scary? :D i dunno...

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I suppose that it's this thread deals with plain old terror (I guess) as opposed to fear resulting from a real medical emergency.

And, judging by responses so far, Mac users must be pretty courageous. ;)

Edit: what gwuMACaddict said!

5. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seeing a flaming garbage bag float past your window isn't an emergency, but it is soiled-pants-level terror. Not that I soiled my pants of course.

Different thread, different topic. By the way, I don't seem to have artificial drunkness anymore, so my grammer has improved.

EDIT: DAMMIT! My not me in the last sentance.
    "By the way, I don't seem to have artificial drunkness anymore, so me grammer has improved"
    changed to
    "By the way, I don't seem to have artificial drunkness anymore, so my grammer has improved"

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sorry, I'm just having one of my 'moody' days, if you get my drift.
    If I sound irritable, just ignore me...

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

8. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It's good that your "grammer" has improved, hopefully the spelling will catch up soon. ;)

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Oh, come now... you're just as fun to read when you're being feisty.

Anyway, while I'm sure a number of intensely terrifying things have happened to me that resulted in no injury (hence, not in the other thread) or were never actually dangerous (lots of weather-related stories there), I can't think of any now.

Although there were a few spooky moments playing "Alien vs Predator" on my Atari Jaguar, alone in the dark, a decade or so ago.... :)

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I've never played the original old skool versions of AVP, but I was playing the new-ish mac version a few years ago in the dark at 3am - not a very comforting thing to be doing. :D