Scary... My God is bigger than Yours

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by srobert, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

He is a very scary man. Oh, and for all of those interested he is also one of the two military advisors who planned the Waco disaster. How is that for a right-wing icon?

link

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Rumsfeld quickly punted the investigation into Boykin's remarks to the Inspector General's office and refused to offer an opinion about them until he understood the "context" in which they were made. I still haven't heard any our "liberal media" ask Sec. Rumsfeld in what context they might be appropriate.

Here's my prediction: Every effort will be made to avoid firing Boykin and thus enraging the Republican evangelical base. The investigation will be distracted from any questions about whether his words were inherently inappropriate for a man in his position by engaging in an ad nauseam debate over whether they should have been made by the general while in uniform. The issue will be trivialized through misdirection until we forget what it was all about in the first place.