scary TSA article

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thanatoast, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    by slashdot from yahoo
    emphasis mine
    now it's terrorists and violent criminals? what if i was arrested at a protest rally against the president for disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace? would that qualify me as a violent criminal? and what are violent criminals doing out of jail anyway? and if they'd served their time already, how can this not be a violation of their civil rights? and i hate to be the chicken little here, but if they can "redlight" violent criminals as well as terrorists now, why not non-violent criminals? why not convicted drug dealers? who's next people? and let's not forget "yellowlighting" people who ask questions. so if i think this policy is unfair or dangerous, then i am singled out for "special" attention? holy ****! the ripping sound you hear is your civil liberties being torn from your grasp. i cannot adequately describe my fear for the nation on hearing this news. could you get any more orwellian?
  2. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    And if say that I believe the information held about me is wrong, I get "special attention" for opening my mouth. Welcome to the land of the free!
  3. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Yes, they can. And they will.

We are still in the infancy of Big Brother, a kind of pseudo-dictatorship.
  4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    A quick look via Google for my name brings up my participation in a couple of pro-gun websites. Oh! Guns! Oh! Oh! Bad! Quick! Put him on the Yellow List, at least! And that from just buying a ticket.

Were it not for the fact that my son lives in Germany and I like to go over every couple of years for a visit, you'd never find me anywhere near an airport. I'm just too old to tolerate the nonsense of this new addition to our "police-state-itis".

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    Here's a personal scary TSA story.

A year ago January I had to abandon my airplane at a SF Bay Area airport due to bad weather. The following week I booked a one-way ticket on SWA on the internet, the night before I planned to fetch it.

At the airport I went through the passenger screening as usual. On the boarding line, passengers were being pulled aside (randomly, I presume) for hand searches of their carry-ons. I was one of them. This is what I had in my briefcase: an aviation GPS, aviation charts, plotters and an airport facilities guide, and pretty much nothing else. So I'm thinking to myself, "here it goes, I'm going to back room to explain to the nice man with a badge why I'm carrying this aviation stuff." You guessed -- nope. Not a single question.

So, the TSA can't add two plus two, but they think they can calculate two plus two divided by the square root of pi. My confidence in the system grows daily...