Scavenger Hunting!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Feb 18, 2006.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

So, tonight my friends and I were trying to think of something to do after the basketball game. After a little while one of them suggested that we go on a scavenger hunt. So we all met up and figured out some items to get. Stuff like charcoal, dog toys, picture of us with a hot girl, a spork, etc. But the catch was that you couldn't buy any of it or get anything from people you knew. So we ended up traveling all over town and, for the most part, got everything.

This is a fantasic way to spend a Saturday night, just to let you know. So I wanted to make this thread to put this out there and get some suggestions for more items or other fun games like this.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Go to Wal Mart and split up into two teams. Each team gets a grocery cart, and has to collect 15 items, then meet up at a specified location. Switch grocery carts, and whoever puts all of the items back in the correct location first, wins. It's good to have verification, such as a cell phone camera.

3. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Why not play Walmart ball tag? :cool:

Heck, Walmart hide-and-go-seek with walkie-talkies could be fun. :D

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The more ridiculous the items, the more fun it is. I remember one hunt where my team had to find a pair of orange Bermuda shots and a live mosquito. We managed to find both and we had a great time finding them. I don't even remember whether or not we won - I guess that didn't matter.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Our company has a Treasure Hunt around an area of London each year. The winning team from the year before has to set it (so the prized position is second since it takes some time to set one up well for a couple of hundred people!)

There's usually a theme which runs through the route, the questions to be answered along the way, the pubs that we stop in and the 'treasure' we have to find.

Talking of ridiculous items, once we had to find a sundial! I confess that I think we ended up making one out of a McD's straw and drinks lid.

7. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Sorry, it's on my friend's phone

We actually did that one time. It was great fun.

8. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

So did we.

Only thing was, the hide-and-go seek didn't turn out too fun when we were nabbed by a friendly overweight sales associate... :eek:

9. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

My friends and I spend our Saturday nights playing hide and seek in Meijers. Good Fun, ecspecaly when you hide in the clothes and then some unsuspecting customer finds you and sceams:)

10. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Im guessing your not from the MidWest? :eek:

Well its like a Wal*Mart except not as run down... and maybe a penny or 2 more expensive cuz after all, whats cheaper than the walmart price?

12. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

No, I never even heard of them... they sounded like a foreign specialty store.

13. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

When we all first got our drivers licences, we would get in a couple of our cars and head out to a closeby neighborhood. One of us would be "it" and would have to make it to a predetermined location on foot while the others in the cars would drive around and try to find you. You actually had to be tagged so as they were driving by you could duck into backyards and hop fences to get away from them (once I sat in a backyard for a half an hour before they decided to actually go back there and look for me). It was pretty fun. But then again, you could actually kind of get away with ducking into backyards and hopping fences. It's amazing how much things change in just 10 years.

We would also play Flag with a couple of our backyards being the main bases but the neighbors nor our parents were too thrilled with that one because we tended to be on the noisy side and we only played at night.