Schadenfreude

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Nov 7, 2003.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Man, I just need to vent. There are just some people in this world that suck your will to live. There is this guy at work that just seems to delight in seeing other people mess up. Especially when he perceives them as being uppety. Now I know uppety and I know people who just have a high opinion of themselves. The people he points out are the latter.
    He wouldn't get on my nerves so much if it wasn't for the fact that he's a (recovering?) alcoholic with a suspended drivers license and is almost 30 years old and had to move in with his parents.
    He likes to point out who he thinks is going to go "postal". I'm weathering the bad economy and I'm making decent money at this job (it sucks) but I am very looking forward to getting the f--- out of there and away from the likes of him.

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's usually the ones who find pleasure in other people's misfortunes & who feel the need to down others who have serious confidence issues. He probably knows he's got some issues going on, and justifies his self-worth by making others seem "lower" than he.

I'd ignore him...and pity him if I were u.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He's just trying to make himself look better by pointing out all the problems that everyone else has. And its more for his own self gratification than for anyone else to hear.

Hopefully someday he'll figure out what an ass he's being. In the mean time, like eye said (ha, sorry laughing at that ;) ) avoid him.

D

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hehe..it's a joke that'll never get old... ;)

5. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Man, I'm gonna tell you something.

I'm a very fitting person, I adore to put people on their place, in your case I would kick his butt with one or two real things about his life, but...

1. Maybe you feel a bit hurted because you can tell that such looser is having such great time, work a bit with your ego.

2. They guy is such looser than he doesn't need more help on his way down.

That last comment is the one you can share with thebrest of the department, he is isolating himself.

Do not worry, gravitty will bring him down. It is not up to you to push him.

What you can do is to tell him about his comment but not from your recentment but as a neutral co-worker. That would help a lot in your working environment.