Schaumburg, IL - Woodfield Mall Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by akazmucha, Jun 28, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

We were originally going to go to the Michigan Ave store downtown Chicago, but I realized the Woodfield store tax rate is lower (I think?) ...AND I don't have to pay for a parking garage lol

So we'll be at that one, and hopefully the line will be shorter at that store as well.

Anyone else meeting up at the Woodfield :apple: Store, lemme know. :)

2. macrumors 604

gkarris

(hates Woodfield with a passion...)

Oakbrook Center Mall is cheaper since it is in DuPage.

Remember, Schaumburg is still Cook County... enjoy those RTA/CTA tax lifts...

I like Oakbrook much better, even if it's raining...

3. macrumors newbie

Kubrickx

Woodfield is 10% and Chicago is 10.25%. Not much of a difference except parking is free at Woodfield.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh I don't really care. I just like woodfield better.

5. macrumors newbie

ryry919

I'll be there. I was there last year and it actually is not a bad place to wait in line, plenty of things going on and people to watch walking by... anything to help the time pass.

My questions is, are we going to be able to wait inside like last year or have to wait outside the doors by the comedy theater? I am not sure since it is at 8am rather than 6pm this time.

When and what time is everyone getting there to wait?

6. macrumors regular

And Oakbrook is 7.75%. I did Woodfield last year, and was going to do it again this year. But a friend works right there, so he needs to goto work afterwards so we're off to Oakbrook instead.

7. macrumors member

I called the mall today, and Apple told me to talk to security. Security said that people can line up at 6:30pm tonight, but that most people probably wont. He said that they would give out wrist bands to garauntee a spot in line, but not a phone. But he was unsure as to what the wrist band did - if i could get one, then go home and come back later. He told me to talk to Apple, which I then called them, and they're clueless about wrist bands.

So, I think I'll just be there at 6am tomorrow. I dont think the rush/demand will be as big this time around.

8. macrumors newbie

ryry919

I agree. I think I might do the same and show up at 6:00am as well.

9. macrumors newbie

Kubrickx

10. macrumors member

ok guys - i just went to woodfield. There is 1 guy waiting in line, and he's the only one for hours now.

I talked to security and apple guys, and they said its best to just come at like 6am, and that the guy outside is nuts. It's raining outside, and theres no cover.

So I'll see you guys in line at 6am :)

11. macrumors newbie

ryry919

I was bored and drove by Woodfield as well and as of 9pm there was one guy in line outside of the mall all by himself... in the rain.

12. macrumors member

hahahaha thats awesome. i so want to see this guy up close tomorrow morning...i hope he's uber nerdy and wet and tired looking :) I plan on being there around 6am-ish. No reason to go earlier than that - its a HUGE apple store, and they should have plenty of stock.

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

Me and the girlfriend were 5th in line. We got there around 10pm last night. It really wasn't bad, all the ppl in line were really cool.

14. macrumors 68040

nickspohn

15. macrumors member

How does lining up work at the mall? I'm getting there around 6ish for the reservation line.

16. macrumors newbie

Mall security indicated there would be two lines. One for the reservations and one for walk-in's. Got wind from a Schaumburg police source that mall security and Apple have done a good job in the past of keeping things orderly. No word on whether mall doors will open before 7AM (which is when they generally open for the mall walkers), but I was told there's no need to camp out, or show up at an un-Godly hour, as things ran pretty smoothly for the iPad and 3GS opening days (for the mall, Apple and police).

Take that for what its worth. I'll be there around 6AM.

17. macrumors newbie

I'll be there (Woodfield) for the iPhone 4 launch Thursday. Been there for the iPad and 3GS launches too. Everything runs great - they've got it under control. I'll be going after work (3:30 ish) since I start at 7am and am already taking Friday off! :p

18. macrumors member

19. macrumors member

Anyone know if we still line up outside the improv like someone mentioned above?

20. macrumors newbie

21. macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm not sure when to head over. Probably around 6 as well.

See you guys in line :D Even though I won't know who any of you are, I'll just assume there are fellow Macrumors among us in line.

22. macrumors newbie

Anyone in line? It's been some pretty crappy weather outside.

23. macrumors member

i know the mall won t open till 7am but where would you line up? like entrance door?

24. macrumors 68040

nickspohn

They usually open the doors by the movie theatre and let people in. If they don't open the doors, that's where people stand usually. I remember last year the people were let in early.

I really hope no one lines up at 3AM or something... cause once 1 lines up, that's all it takes!

25. macrumors newbie

Ill be there! Where is the movie theater in the mall anyway? by red robin?