Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vondo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Is anyone getting notifications from their Schlage Sense on iOS 10 on their iPhone?

I have an iPhone 6. I can get notifications from the lock on my iPad, but not on my phone (iPhone 6). The "details" button for the lock does not give me an option to enable notifications, just "Status".

kaiguy

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2009
Is anyone getting notifications from their Schlage Sense on iOS 10 on their iPhone?

I have an iPhone 6. I can get notifications from the lock on my iPad, but not on my phone (iPhone 6). The "details" button for the lock does not give me an option to enable notifications, just "Status".
I had the same problem on my iPhone 6. Which, in turn, extended to my iPhone 7 that was restored from a backup. Even after chatting with Apple support for almost an hour, the only way to get Home app notifications working for my Sense on my iPhone 7 was to setup the phone as new.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I had the same problem on my iPhone 6. Which, in turn, extended to my iPhone 7 that was restored from a backup. Even after chatting with Apple support for almost an hour, the only way to get Home app notifications working for my Sense on my iPhone 7 was to setup the phone as new.

What if you removed the Schlage from homekit and re-added it back in? (Just a suggestion).

akswun

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2009
I did the recent firmware update last night. I got notifications instantly through the Home app. Kind of cool. But I'm noticing that I can't connect to the sense remotely anymore. I'm running an APTV3rd gen as my hub. I was able to connect to it prior to the update and now trying to connect through the Schlage app its stuck in 'connecting' limbo.

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
Do you get notifications from Home app when unlocking or locking the door manually?

vondo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013

So really as new? Re-downloading all the apps and music you want, losing all their settings and so forth? I can restore from a backup, but I'm not going to start from scratch just to fix one bug.

Yes, you get a notification if you turn the lock with the thumbwheel or key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.