scholarship programs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fakejosh, Jan 15, 2006.

1. fakejosh macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2005
    hey guys, my friend had sent me a link earlier today about a college scholarship program for $500... what i found interesting was that it was in the style of those "free ipod" offers. however, it does seem to be legit... he told me his roommate already got money. if anyone is curious it's ...what do you think?
  2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    It does seem rather shady. I, for one, would rather write a $1000 essay than do one of these things. However, there are some of these offers that are valid. I'd only recommend doing this if you have lots of friends that do this kind of thing, or you are part of one of those websites that trade offers like these.
  3. fakejosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2005
    hmm, well i do know some people who have done and they say it's legit and you just have to follow the easy steps... perhaps ill give it a try, not much to lose.
  4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2003
    Madison, Alabama
    I think you should enjoy your stay until the mods shut you down. :rolleyes:
  5. fakejosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2005

ouchers, that's not very welcoming.
  6. Timepass macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2005
    well he put a link to web page. not one that would get him money so the question on it being legit so I would think this post is fair and with in the rules
  7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

Nov 13, 2005
    Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
    If you are looking for legit scholarship programs check You can sign up and fill out their questionaire and then it will only show scholarships that are valid for you, and you would be surprised about all the different scholarships you can find on that site. I have a number of scholarships that I have been applying for I am up to about 10 now, about to increase that number to around 35 scholarship applications. Even 5 of these would be close to $5000 (or more depending on which ones I might end up getting). But the more money the better, so I will keep applying till I can't apply any longer.

Anyhow, my point.. Go to and apply to as many as you can get, and they are legit.
  8. fakejosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2005
    yeah that fastweb one looks pretty well organized.... the progressing rewards one seems to be in a bit of a different style.