School made the news with 30 tons of food for Katrina Victims!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mechcozmo, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety
    Linkety

Damn cool. Dr. Davis (principal) told us at tefilah Friday he wanted us to get donations and he was going to drive a U-Haul to Houston. I went Monday to go help. Within an hour we were out of boxes and a full semi-trailer. By Wednesday we were wrapping pallets of cargo, loading boxes, etc. When they finished loading the 5th semi at 9PM Wednesday we had 5 semis. UPS donated a 757 to fly everything (the trucks were donated too, plus drivers, but not fuel) to Houston and then help distribute it. Amazing... here is a picture on my FTP server showing the amount of stuff on Tuesday. It grew. A lot.

Linkety to the picture (If anyone would like to mirror, please post a link below! Thanks!)
    It feels amazing to be apart of this. :)

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

30 TONS! :eek:

Wow that is a feat. Good on you guys for that massive amount of help. Maybe your prinipals next job could be a FEMA. :p ;)

Man look at all those boxes for the needy. Its this sort of thing that makes life worth living when the times are rough. Way to go!

3. Singing Storm macrumors newbie

Yeah.... I got a great workout ^.~ jk, 6,000+ boxes from SDJA WOOHOO :D

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

5. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety to less than half of the 6,000 plus boxes. :)

6. Singing Storm macrumors newbie

Thanks for the great pics Mechcozmo ^-^ Gotta say you did a great job with the packing too :D good job :) :D ;)

7. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Wait, you go to the Jewish Academy in Carmel Valley? My parent's house (where I live when I'm not at school) is in Carmel Valley... :eek:

8. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Cool. :D

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

No problemo. Click on the picture for larger.

[​IMG]

10. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

You know, life is a very wise thing. Katrina was a disaster but is the kind of thngs that can make us see what is important in life. Movies, credit, the latest car or cell phone... The system is pushing us towards that direction because is easyer to work with a person when they are numbers.

But giving time to others, doing something unusual and necessary for others make us feel more humans and fit with our nature.

In Venezuela we do not have AAA or 911, you even may eb affraid of the police because they may be the one to rape you. And that is why we rely so much on each other because if you have a flat tire you better have a friend close to help you out because the road is dangerous (Imagine if you were Bush lost in Irak). So, that is what life is all about and that way you do not feel isolated when you work together with others.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations, kudos to you are your school. I think that being part of something like that give a good feeling. It's a project that will last a life time in your mind.