Schoolin options?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mikeyredk, Aug 11, 2005.

1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Facts: I am a Penn state student going to the Main campus at state college my major is Supply Chain & information systems basically operations. I am a junior (or so they say)

I am just finishing up a CoOp working from Mid december to mid august, looks promising. Now i have some options

1) finish up school in a year, in my normal scheduled time at school. This option would require me breaking some prerequisites and fast track my education

2) finish up school in a year and a half, studying abroad in either netherlands or denmark

3) finish up school in a year and a half and taking another internship maybe with apple

Now torn between finishing up school and getting out, going abroad or looking at a different company.

Any advice?

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Umm, I dont' really have advice, but if you like traveling, You should go study abroad. It will probably be a nice experience, that you'll remember fondly. But I dunno, I just think you should enjoy your time @ school.

3. steve jr. macrumors 6502

I would have to say finish out in the year and a half. Don't take the fast track. Fast sounds good, but it may come back to bite you in the butt a ways down the path. I would shoot for another internship with Apple, but that's just me. If you really liked being there and liked what you did, do it again. And if you don't want Apple, there are thousands of other companies in the US that probably do what you want to do. Or if you want to try and travel, go abroad. Just make sure that all of the classes that you take will transfer so you don't get screwed. Just don't get out early!

4. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys for the responses. My internship was not with apple but i would like to try to get in there. I only have 28 more credits than i graduate. You see why a fast track would be good. Heck if i talk to my boss she would slap me and say i am an engineer and took 28 credits in one semester. As for the point getting out early i won't be getting out early i would be leaving on schedule. I would have to squash some prereqs. The classes would all transfer since i can only take certain study abroad programs anyway with my college

Thanks guys

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

study abroad... one of the only things that i regret about college is that i didn't have the opportunity with my coursework/courseload. everyone who i know that has studied abroad raves about the experience, the different things you learn from other cultures, the friends you make, etc.

it'll sure beat being stuck in state college, pa for those 6 monthes. go see the world.

6. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

go abroad, do you really want to get out of school that soon? not going to school means no summer break [that's just me] and going abroad might give you new oportunities plus when you started working, it'll be really hard to take time off to go anywhere

7. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

Decided to do the study abroad but is there a difference between Summer and doing one over the semester experience wise