school's not out for summer

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Mar 2, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Are you one? I know a few.

In college we had a pact among our friends. Whoever didn't finish their bachelor's degree by 2000 had to stay forever. The one that didn't manage to graduate in time wussed out. (I graduated in December 99 with literally weeks to spare... :))

If you are one... what degrees have you racked up?

3. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

On March 21st my life long status as a student will officially end! WOOHOO!

I have 3 papers do by next week, I have a final on Friday, a final next Monday, and a final next Wednesday.. that's it. Then I wait for graduation... :D :D :D :D

4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nothing beats the feeling...

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

yeh, im totally excited but at the same time kinda bummed because i just realized i'm never going to see a lot of my friends again. its good, i dont start work till the 2nd week of april.. between now and then im going to live it up. :D

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

2nd year biochem. Considering the fact that I'm going into medicine, I've got about 7-10 years of schooling left. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: See you guys on the outside...

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i am a professional student...i admit it

around 6th grade, at age 11, i have been a nerd/geek...and with plaid pants and a briefcase to boot

at 16, i was sent to college classes instead of AP classes

since that time, in 1980, i have worked and gone to school at the same time, working more of course, and i have racked up an AA degree, BA degree, a micrsoft certification, and some graduate school units in business related fields

i swear, when i finish my master's degree, probably in computer science/business computing, i will stop

but then, there will be that nagging feeling that i did not go the full distance in the field of educational endeavors and go for that "piled higher and deeper" degree, or PhD, for short:p

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that rules... an 11 year old with a briefcase... like ben stiller's character (chazz??) in royal tenenbaums.

did you ever wear a pocket protector? i have wanted one since high school but have never found one. if anyone knows where i coudl find one... let me know! ;)

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i have to see that movie...people say it's great

my father wore one for 30 years but he wasn't an engineer or scientist...he had a small retail store for the tourists

i never got around to wearing a pocket protector since i had to be different than my dad

even now, as a techie, i could use one for pens and tools but i keep them all in a laptop bag when i go on service calls...i don't have the nerd thing going like some techies i have seen with their unwashed hair, faded star trek shirt, and a faint smell of krispy kreme and jolt cola oozing out from their very being:D