School's out for-ever!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by muffinman, Jun 20, 2006.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

Yeah! School's out. Now I finally have time to surf, read a good book, and enjoy my teenage years.

I sorta feel weird that I dont have homework, and don't have to study.

What are you going to do instead of school this summer?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Summer school instead of school?

Until July 10, I'm free though.. that will be filled with MacRumors, sleeping, and general lazing about. Mmmm, tasty treats.

3. kjr39 macrumors 6502

enjoy it while it lasts. You'll never have another time in your life where you and your friends can just hang out...

/about to turn 30.
    //miss those days of being in school.
    ///not enough to go back.

4. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Seeing that San Diego State got out mid-May I've already reached the dog days of summer and it hasn't even started yet :( . I've been working full time and plan on going to Warped Tour and Comic-Con. Maybe catch a few Padre games here and there. We're in first!:D

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I got out May 5th. I have just been lounging and working. Planning on going up to Canananananda and just hanging out with friends. Praying that the weather will be nicer.

6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

The kids are gone.

We have three days of "in-service" days, which means we have regular hours but instead of teaching, we have meetings.

Meetings are largely with administrators, most of whom have never taught a day in their life. They scream at us about low test scores, insisting that if we only followed their curriculum (the curriculum that can't be followed because it's been designed by people who haven't taught a day in their life), we'd be better robots ... er ... teachers.

There will be no discussion of the fact that my seniors don't test comparably to other seniors because they have god awful home lives and/or have recently immigrated and read/write English on a fourth grade level rather than a 12th grade level.

That's my problem because I'm the teacher. If I just followed the curriculum, I could increase reading levels by 8 grade equivalents in one year! No problem!

I'm so out of this district.

7. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Going to Warped Tour in San Diego? Maybe we can meet there:cool:.

8. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i'll be working some to pay for this macbook, sleeping later than usual, having lots of sleepovers and playing basketball on my newly healed ankle (i broke it two months ago). also running alot hopefully.

9. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Well, I got work!

But then two more semesters and then I can say School's out for-ever :p

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have summer classes till Aug 10th then i start back up school three weeks after that.

Other than that I get up at 4:45AM almost every weekday and at 6:45 on every saturday to be at work.

So i prefer school a lot to work

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Schools been out for me for many, many years......

Its amazing once you start a real life how much you appreciate having school and not having to work and other life issues :D

D

12. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have been out of school since the 16th of May, but I work from 9-5, I think I will take College any day over work. However, all of my friends are around now, so that is a plus.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Been out of school since 2003. :D

So I'll be working this summer.

14. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Yup. Though Coors Amphitheatre's parking lot in the mid of July is not my ideal place to be. Good thing there will be plenty of music :D

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yeah, no kidding.

Now their real education will begin! :eek: :D

16. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Summer? what is this summer thing every one is talking about?

I have been in school (university) for the last 9 years, the only break I had was the 4 months in the hospital, no summers off, my school runs on almost a trimester system, so virtually all your needed courses and electives are available year round. Actually the summer is my favorite time to go to school
    classes are more relaxed and smaller , are usually held outside sometimes two or even three classes from different departments spontaneously merge for a lecture/tutorial outside and all of us learn something new. and all the books I need are actually in the library. I do worst in the spring. In the fall I have too much fun with newbies. :p

17. iShane macrumors 6502a

Same here. I love sleeping. And being lazy. And tasty treats. :D

18. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Sleep. Watch TV. Go on MR. Swim. Little web design projects... etc.

19. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna head to the beach, blow some money on Mac accessories/add ons, and read my English honors assignment. :D So glad to be off though! Just got off a week ago and it is great! :)