Schumi does it again...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Mar 21, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

What an absolutely perfect start to a Sunday morning.... another Schumi win... :D

Life is grand! ;) :D

And good on Jense for finally getting that elusive podium... ;) :)

The question is, now that Ferrari have proved themselves in the heat of Malaysia, (last season their achilles heel) are we looking at a year abit like 2002??? plum! :D

And to think, with his average race wins per season generally between 6-11, he could by the end of his contract be the first driver to win 100 races in F1... may'zin.... I reckon he'll have Senna's Pole record as well by mid next year... heheh

Life is grand! :D

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Excellent! I can't believe how easily they are walking over everyone this year. The other teams must be wondering what the hell's going on! :D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

the one thing that ruins F1 for me... apart from ITV sticking adverts in the middle of a race... :rolleyes: is that James Allen fella... what a total and utter idiot, half the time he doesn't know WTF is going on, then he contradicts himself, like today.... after Montoya had toasted his tyres and eased up, he was like 'oooh we saw this from Montoya last season at Monza, after he got held up by Frentzen... and then he just gave up'.... then the next lap Montoya sticks a quick one in, and he turns around and says that he's like Mansell and that he never gives up.... what a complete and utter tw*t.... :rolleyes:

4. Blackstealth macrumors regular

I got the results texted to me this morning, so I'm not even going to bother watching the race. I said after the Melbourne grand prix that if Schumi won again then I'm throwing in the towel with F1.

So that's it, no more Sunday afternoons wasted in front of the TV for me. However if Raikkonen, Button or Montoya start wiping the floor with Schumacher, or the slack jawed german retires, then I may be tempted to start watching again...

5. ecche macrumors regular

the only reason i am stilling watching f1 is to see if one of the minardis will finish the race in one piece . you gotta admire them! :D

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

it wasn't a bad race at all actually... Montoya did his best to keep Schumi honest... there was quite abit of overtaking and the like as well... especially with Webber, he was really going for it, till he spun off...

On to the next... The Desert GP.... :D

7. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Well, I caved in and watched it in the end - I got struck down by a mixture boredom and bad weather (otherwise I'd have taken to dog out into the Dales). Although Schumi did lead from the beginning it was pretty close and I might just watch it in Bahrain in two weeks time.

8. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

I think it was kinda expected for Schumi to dominate again, i just can't get over how far behind mclaren is with the mp4-19. Last year they did so well with the 2002 mp4-17 and now the all new car is a complete joke. Kimi ran alright till he blew up for the 2nd race in a row. I'm just hoping to see alonso win 2 or 3 gp's this year to break up the ferrari show.

9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

What's even worse for McLaren is that the MP4-19 is really just a tweaked MP4-18 from last year.... so it's really been in development for over a year... :rolleyes: and it's still a good second off the pace, and unreliable to boot... both Renault and BAR are ahead of them now.

The really amazing thing though, is that with Schumacher, he (still) appears to be excited more by winning then any other driver out there, and everytime he gets out of the car (even in Malaysia) he looks as fresh as a f**king daisy.... it's incredible that with him and the 'Dream Team' signed up until the end of '06, it's conceivable that Ferrari are unlikely to build a poor car, then we could be up for a few more seasons of Ferrari domination... and I don't think Schumi will pack it up in '06... I'm just in awe of the guy :D

10. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Woah there fella...

Are you seriosuly trying to tell me that you can't believe The Big Schu is walking over everyone?

This season is a forgone conclusion. Ecclestone should have called it off for 12 months to allow the other teams to catch up so they can compete seriously without feeling embarrassed. Personally, I now spend race-time watching the Paint Drying Championships on Eurosport.!

Go Dulux Onecoat !!

Seriously, I am a big fan of Schu, but he just doesn't have the competitors to make it interesting. He either wins or retires though a rare technical hitch.

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Before the start of the season Ecclestone said his money was in Kimi I thought?

12. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    He only said that to generate some empty competetiveness (please check my spelling there!) to keep the early sponsorship money piling in.

Be fair, it will be Schu all the way, and Bernie knew that.

13. Opteron macrumors 6502

Poor old Mark Webber, can't catch a break

Bums the start
    Bows a tyre
    Speeds in the pits
    Then spins

Oh well

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I know... it's great isn't it... :D

15. Viv macrumors regular

Well I have to go with the above, Schu is so good and every one else just isnt.

~Cant blame the guy or Ferrari for being so good now can we, its a race after all to see who is the best.

Some people just dont like the annswer no matter what:)

Viv

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's another thing, the Ferraris just don't break down! It really is amazing!

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah thats really amazing a few years ago (when gerhard berger was still driving) and schuhmacher was in the benetton team those ferraris broke down every second race and in the remaining races they messed up the pit-stops...
    then schuhmacher changed to ferrari and berger to benetton and guess what ..all those car constructors from benetton switched to ferrari ...
    ferrari was reliable with no messing up pitstops...
    and benetton...well 2 engines blown up in lead postion with 2-3 laps remaining,dieing electronics,breaking suspensions...

18. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

it is incredible isn't it.... I remember in the late '80's.... '89 in particular, they very rarely used to finish a race... the reliability sucked, mainly due to the first generation 'Semi-Automatic' gearbox that they pioneered that year...

It improved in '90 when they mounted a challenge for the title (which they would have won, had Senna not turned his McLaren into a missile at the very first corner in Suzuka) :rolleyes:

But from '91, the reliability just dropped off the scale, and they really were just a mediocre team, so to see the turn around since Schumacher joined in '96 and the the Dream Team a year later, it's been incredible, and even when they haven't had the best car, they've always taken it down to the wire.

I still think the rule makers have ruined it though, first with qualifying, there was nothing wrong with the 12 laps in 1 hour format, also the points situation, having 2 points between first and second just diminshes the value of winning, and lastly the silly 1 engine rule for a weekend, now everyone does limited runnning now because they don't want to shaft the engine and get dropped 10 places on the grid... :rolleyes:

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah it all started with banning of the slicks and other things to "slow down" the cars...they are still faster than ever before
    at least they dropped the start-automatic system...which was a bad idea in the beginning

i hope some of the new teams like BAR-Honda or Toyota get better in the next years..Formula One needs a fresh wind

20. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Todays F1 cars are the fastest there's ever been, even than the 1200BHP+ monsters of the mid '80's, and techno-ridden heaven of the early '90's... whats even more astounding is that they're 6-7 seconds a lap quicker than a CART around a street circuit, and that's probably even greater condsidering this years F1 cars were pushing 4 seconds a lap quicker in quali than the same track and pole time last year.

They need to reintroduce slicks to improve grip, and reduce the aerodynamics to provide more overtaking possibilties, the cars are just too aerodynamically efficient now to follow other cars closely.

I'm glad they junked launch control as well... it livens up the start alot, even though the drivers are currently matching reaction times to the launch system, which in itself is very impressive, but Renault still seem to have an advantage here over everyone else, and it's not just a tiny one either... it's overtake 7 cars from a standing start kind of difference... incredible!

Toyota will be up there in a couple of years once Gasgoyne gets there act together, they've got by far the biggest budget, and Toyota tend to, once they enter something, begin to dominate proceedings.