Schumi does it again...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 4, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

The Red Baron never ceases to amaze.... 3 outta 3 in both pole's and wins... incredible :D

After Fri and Sat Practice I thought it was gonna be a close race, but in the end we witnessed the same level of domination as Australia.... with Schumi whoopin' all comers.... :D

They do say after a tardy (by Schumi standards) season that the following season he comes along and nails everyone... well the trend appears to be continuing! :D

The guy has no pressure at all this season.. he's pretty much got all the records (bar Senna's Pole record 58/65) and is driving for fun, and I've never seen him smoother...

Incredible.... the guy is INCREDIBLE!!

Schumi I salute you! ;) :) :D

P.S. Woah Button... 2 in row... ;) :D

2. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Well, I watched the entire race and I've got to congratulate Button on his drive - hopefully he can keep it up. And with there being rumblings about Ralf moving to Toyota might we see Jenson back in a Williams next year...? Although with BAR picking up the pace it's a pretty hard one to call.

Anywho, this new track seems to have made it a bit more interesting compared to the first two races of the season. So I'll put back my throwing the towel in another 3 weeks and let Imola be the decider on whether I'll watch (possibly enjoy?) this season. I was pretty pissed to see Kimi's engine let go again tho', I'm thinking heads will be rolling at Mercedes next week - whatever happened to them making competitive engines?

3. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

And I did it again as well ! I watched it :eek:

Why am I doing this ? :confused: There must be a reason, but I can't find it. Maybe because I am watching every race since the last 12 years ? I don't know. Its certainly a bad habit. :( I need to stop it. Really. Please help me. :p

BTW: I am a Schumi fan.

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Abit more interesting mid-table, but if anything it's opened the gap between Ferrari and everyone else since Malaysia where everyone was much, much closer to Ferrari... and these are circuits (Malaysia and Bahrain) that aren't Ferrari or Bridgestone circuits... :eek:

What's still astounding me is just how plain ****e McLaren are.... not only are they seriously unreliable, they're also a second plus off the pace and 5th (at best) team...

Anyway... I've still never seen Schumi smoother than he is this season... :D

5. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Michael Schumacher is the greatest sports athlete on the planet!!!

vSpacken

6. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

What is wrong with Mclaren?! Its going to be another snoozer in F1 this year. Shumi is an amazing driver, without a doubt the best in world at this point. I wouldn't say he is the best driver of all time, but with his bussiness decisions and the ability to hand pick his team at ferrari and take so many with him from benetton he is probley the greatest "racer" of all time.

7. russed macrumors 68000

russed

quite an interesting race, particuarly down field from the front 2. when they interviewed the williams guy after the race, it was pretty obvious that he was pretty pissed off with ralph!

go button! :D

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I knew Ferrari were the best, but so far this season it's just embarrassing. They are wiping the floor with everyone, it really is amazing how there can be such a difference between them and their competitors.

9. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

WICKED SCHUMI! I love you! (Not as much as Beth, but I still love you!)

He rocks so hard, i mean, come on, can somebody challenge him? I doubt it.

Well done button 2 :D

Ensign

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

STUPID DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!! I missed the first half of of the race, so I have to watch the rebroadcast at 8 P.M. tonight. That said, I think I'll be keeping my Fantasy F1 team for most of this season.

Driver 1: Rubens Barrichello (34 points this race) (£17m)
    Driver 2: Jenson Button (31 pts.) (£9m)
    Chassis: Toyota (13) (£4m)
    Engine: Honda (14) (£4m)
    Tires: Bridgestone (4) (£6m)
    Total: 96 points, £40 million (max)

I'm considering changing the chassis to Jordan and the tires to Michelin for the next race, the points gained by moving to Michelin should offset the potential loss of ditching Toyota.

11. ecche macrumors regular

oh well, another schumi win. if it weren't for the new tracks i think the f1 would soon be a total bore.

about 3 years ago I had myself a custom-made MINARDI t-shirt made (couldn't find one anywhere) and i still wear it PROUDLY...

of all the drivers i admire mark webber (ex-minardi, of course) the most. give the guy a decent car and he will be the next schumi..

12. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Well at least we still have China to look forward to this year, and possibly Russia next year.

13. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Buy a TiVo, you'll never look back :cool:

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I was thinking about going to the Grand Prix in Montréal this year but I'm not overly keen on seeing a red-led parade; I see plenty of them on TV.

I did get to drive a lap on the course last week with my Golf, though. It's a public park road most of the year, and there are security around so I couldn't go all out, but I was up on the kerbs and following the line. :D

15. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Minardi rock... ;) if they had the budget they'd be whoopin'... :D

16. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i do enjoy F1 and following the sport... but please, i think we can all agree that there are many more amazing athletes... he drives a car... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

17. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

faster than anyone else... :D

18. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

just out of interest... who would you say was the best of all time...???

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'd venture Fangio or Senna. Schumacher is missing a certain je n'sais pas that a guy like Senna defined.

I would put F1 drivers near the peak of athletes, though. They maintain such a high heart rate for so long and must have lower body fat than even Olympic athletes. To say they're just "driving a car" does not do their mental and physical abilities and conditioning justice.

20. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Its worth pointing out that he is one of the most fit men in the world in terms of health, he has a resting heart beat of about 25 bpm (according to his biography), that is pretty amazing.

He will do 1.5 hour long races in 30ºc and not even break into a sweat! I think thats pretty amazing.

Ensign

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Actually, I'm considering going for (asking my parents to rather :D) get the PVR box from Cox. That way, we won't have to pay for the TiVo subscription, just the box rental/purchase.

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, I don't necessarily admire Webber, envy and respect are better terms :D
    Although, I think Bruni is going to be good in the future too. And of course, he drives for Minardi :p

Of course, I think one of the biggest finds of new talent would be Spa '91, where one "Michael Schumacher" (weird German names :D) made his debut in a Jordan. The same team also gave Rubens his start at the beginning of the 1993 season, and then Ralf in 1997. Okay I'll stop now :)

23. Applexilef macrumors regular

SCHUMACHER WINS

WHY GOD!, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Because McLaren can't get their MP19 to work, Ralf flubbed up and got nailed by Sato, and Montoya's transmission crapped itself near the end. It's not Ferrari's fault no one else can be as reliable. :p

25. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Go Schumi! And go Button!

Well I was hoping Coulthard would do well for once this season but I guess I should just give up the ghost on him now! And I can't see that Montoya is too pleased to be going to McLaren next year, the way they're going!

Schumi is one of the best drivers of all time, no doubt about it. The ease with which he can get on pole - even when he makes a couple of mistakes, he can still make it up elsewhere to come out on top of the rest! It would be great if he went to a poorer team like Toyota or something, so we could have more of a spectacle. It's a bit dull at the moment.

And return that qualifying to last year's format or, better still, the 12 lap all-out!