Schumi edged in fighter jet race

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Dec 11, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Bummer, I thought the 2003-GA set up for max attack, would have edged it.... :p :p :p

Insane, but in a very long line of tradition between Grand Prix cars and Fighter planes including the legendary Gilles Villeneuve, and Tazio Nuvolari.

Interestingly, Schumacher and Cheli (Pilot) will also go head-to-head in an Alfa Romeo 2300s and a bi-plane, in a replication of the 1931 duel driven by race-legend Tazio Nuvola.

Wicked!

rinky dink link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3309943.stm

full article below.

2. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    just read that, funny stuff. i'm amazed the jet even came close over such a short distance, although i guess if it's built to take off from an aircraft carrier it's not such a surprise...

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Money

I bet the fighter pilot wishes he was earning the same money as Shumey. I wonder how much he got for this one.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm sure it was covered in his contract for PR stuff. I'm surprised that the 126 beat the F-104 over a kilometer, even though the plane had to stay on the ground.
    If you want a real car vs. plane race, go to an air show in the U.S. There are some turbine powered trucks that beat prop planes from a standing start, even though the plane was already at speed.

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

okay then, it took place in the wet.... had it of been dry the 2003-GA first race victory margin would have been much greater, and alot closer on the other 2 distances, although Schumi would still have been properly spanked by the plane.