Schwarzenegger Digs Up San Jose Street for PR

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Punani, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

While I don't agree with a lot of the Schwarzenegger's points, this is part of the main reason I despise him. He lies too much.

He was taken to court and lost because he placed false information about Proposition 66 (Three-Strike Reform) and said a horrific amount of violent offenders would be released if it passed. And even after the decision was made, he still had it put in ads. Do we really want to sentence people 25 to life because they stole videos from K-Mart or some pizza?

And more importantly, after the rains this winter in Los Angeles, you think he could have found some random street that already had a problem?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He could have come here. Our city streets are a mess and the state highway is still washed out in four places since the January and February storms.

Schwazenegger is a better stuntman than a governor, or even an actor.

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I used to be emabrrased to have him as my governor.

Really though, he's turned out to be more than a Turkey than anyone though he could have been.

Politics still gets slightly more scrutiny than actors do. Slightly.

4. Punani thread starter macrumors regular

Punani

I actually find him to be quite adept at what he does. He's been able to get away with an amazing amount of stuff, including some of the very points that Governor Davis was ultimately ousted for (i.e. fundraising, deceit, etc.). He's already planning his reelection, and I suspect he'll probably show his candidate as trying to remove Proposition 13—the sacred cow of California politics, (he's already doing that with his current lies^H^H^Hads) and saying they're weak on crime for supporting Proposition 66 which I hope gets a retry in a future election.

He really seems to have a great deal of parallel with the Teflon President, if he were a native citizen, I would expect (unfortunately) the general population to vote him as our next President. Speaking of that, whatever happened to the "Schwarzenegger Amendment" in Congress?

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Speaking of aptitude:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-donors5jun05,1,4535824.story

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Well, in some ways yes. But the teachers, nurses, and firefighters have all handed him some defeats recently. Which has lead to a plummeting approval rating. His progress has been stagnant at best.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I have a lot of family in CA. Some were kinda embarrassed he was even elected, but now people really don't like him. I think voters thought he might be more like Jesse Ventura. But he's no better than the last guy, and in many ways worse. I don't think he'll win re-election. But then again, I didn't think Bush would be re-elected either. Hopefully his oppponent will be better than Bush's was.