Schwarzenegger vetoes marriage equality...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FoxyKaye, Sep 29, 2005.

1. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
  2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

:confused:

Eh?

3. FoxyKaye thread starter macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

School integration - another separate but equal case. The Feds and mostly Republican state governments are shutting down bussing programs and saying its better.

4. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Neanderthal yes, surprise no. Arnie is staying true to his platform of supporting corporate and special interests, cutting back social and education programs and supporting the far right agenda. I hope that people who were fooled by his carefully tailored PR campaigns and voted for him are seeing him for what he really is...A sexist, wealthy, PAC money taking, elitist.

5. FoxyKaye thread starter macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! All true - hopefully his latest polling numbers will continue to decline.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Isn't the whole point of not being racist is not making accommodations for people of different races? Bussing black students to "white schools" is racist in and of itself. Economic integration is a far better plan...(read: North Carolina)

As for Arnie, I agree with his stance. Don't really want to have another debate about it, because there have been enough in these here forums...

7. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

I hope so too, Arnie has one of the tightest, and nastiest PR agencies/campaigns in California history, people keep buying into his image of the immigrant made good, who is for the common man, children and immigrants, we Californians know this is not true.

He has sued and brow beaten many California media, television and newpaper outlets when they say anything even mildly controversial about him. His media strategy goes back to his days as a movie star when he was part of the massive Hollywood PR machine.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No, the entire point of not being racist is to not be a bigot.

Hint: If you don't want to debate something, don't post.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No. You obviously haven't got it. You have to accommodate all races equally.
    In what way?

10. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Leave it to Arnie to make the tough, politically unrewarding decisions that uphold the notions this nation was founded upon.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The Last Reactionary Hero?

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I'm thinking more, Running Man :D

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

14. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

15. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I bow to the punmastery to Skunk and IJ, I'm not nearly as polished when it comes to such things.

16. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I guess he'll stand a better chance of getting the GOP nomination next year, which is what his "principled" stance in support of the voters is really all about - trying to save his endangered political hide.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Who you calling Polish?

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Take that girlie men! :rolleyes:

Most of the people I know in CA will not be voting for him again next election, if they even did in the first place. Some either couldn't be bothered to vote or thought the whole thing was a joke. Though I did kinda hope Gary Coleman would win. :p If I'm back in CA by then, I know who to vote for. The other guy.

19. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Hot Dogs!?

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not surprised. What else could he do? He wants to run for re-election and the only way a Republican gets through the GOP primary is to be conservative socially. The other kind too, but the rank and file of the GOP seem willing to let fiscal conservatism slide as long as you don't like fags.

Schwartzenneger wants to be reelected, and the only people supporting him right now are the GOP base. Everyone else hates him. His approval ratings are in the toilet. Hell, Grey Davis could practically have a recall and beat him at this point. That's how sick of Arnold Californians are.

Of course the alternatives have yet to impress me, but they can hardly be worse than the Governator has been.

21. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Well now that Roberts is up there we can say goodbye to Brown v. Board of Education as well as Roe v. Wade. He's going to reinstate the precidents of Plessy v. Ferguson, and revoke our first amendment right bye forcing the christian adgenda down our throats. Yay for crazyness in the government.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And you agree why?

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

FWIW, I'm on board with economic integration over racial integration. In many cases, the two are one and the same, but I think it's at least as important to address the economic imbalance created by racism as much as it is the racism itself.

And economic integration goes so much further...

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Because apparently God hates fags. :confused: Yeah, I don't get it either. I thought Jesus loved everybody. But what do I know, I believe in freedom and tolerance.

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I dont understand, a majority of people think marriage is for man and woman as i do. Arnold is voting with the majority what is wrong with that? Remember we are a majority rules country.