Scientologists Killing Each Other

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clayj, Mar 21, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Just read this on MSNBC... way too ironic:

Of COURSE the CoS isn't going to comment on this. What a bunch of asshats.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

heh heh

you said ass

heh heh

Tom Cruise is an arrogant asshat.

you gotta link???

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Its all brainwashing IMO and who better then to get the rich stars to give lots of money.

4. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Isn't dogma great! Being an unofficially labeled secular humanist, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but do these capital letter religions, especially the Christian ones (ie Scientology, Catholocism, etc.), ever take time to look over the rule book and decide if any changes need to be adopted? I mean...COME ON! Next, Tom will be telling us that the earth is FLAT!

5. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

WTF?:confused: :confused:

6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Um. Yeah. Scientologists.

If mood stabilizers come from an alien race out to enslave humanity, why hasn't Tom Cruise made that movie yet? He could battle the aliens with a barrage of vitamins and herbal remedies.

Scientology the movie. God that would be great.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

is it wrong of me to really enjoy this kind of karmatic justice?

8. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

Um, Scientology definitely isn't Christian.

9. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

Not at all.

Personally, I'd like to see more of it. Maybe we can slip some psychotropics into the CoS' vitamin supply. ;)

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

pffft this isn't the first or the last death that can be blamed on religion.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Hell, I know the body thetans almost killed me before I got them audited off.

Hubbard was a professional pathological liar and "scientology" is a scam not unlike Amway.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Kinda, but I think a little shadenfraude would be ok in this situation. I just wouldn't necessarily call it funny. Ironic maybe.

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

well shadenfraude is technically finding humor in the misfortune of others, while i am finding humor in the stupidity of others who got what was coming to them. ;) i'm cruel but i'm fair. :p

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Anyone who allows their religion to dictate their medical care is pretty loony IMO. Unfortunately, too many people do.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]

16. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not the original poster, of course. But the composite is a genuine Thomas Veil Photoshop original.

I'm gonna be selling prints of it on eBay later. ;)

18. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

You said it! :eek: ??? :confused:

19. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

In all fairness to Catholocism, it does change it's position every once in a while. Like on the earth being the center of the universe and evolution. It's usually several centuries late, but it gets there eventually.

20. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I wonder who placed the ad in LA Weekly? The MSNBC story doesn't say.

Just a cautionary tale that one shouldn't take medical advice from Tom Cruise.

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He isn't a doctor, and doesn't play one in the movies.

22. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    This reminds me...

When I was a kid, my parents, being the God-fearing people they are, forced me to go to church at a place called Disciple Fellowship, in a rundown section of Denver. It wasa BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN church, not scientologist (keep this in mind).

After a couple of years, the place went psychotic, there were dancing in the ailes, people fainting, people speaking in tongues... It was like that scene in the Blues Brothers.

Not long after that, I told my parents I'd never go to church again, and they could ground me, beat me, take away everything I had and never feed me again, and I would die before I'd go back. (I was 15 then)

Well, about a year after I stopped going, the news reported that Pastor Paul Shell, the stupid piece of **** that gained much respect (and money) from his church, had told a couple of parents that their diabetic son, age 12, would be cured by God and would no longer need his insulin. That kid DIED.

And guess what? Pastor Paul Shell could not be convicted because of religious beliefs.

It's time to destroy religion. I'm tired of hearing this religious BS being spread and giving them exemption from anything because of their beliefs. Burning Churches to the ground and abolishing all religion should be top priority.

23. takao macrumors 68040

takao

can somebody explain that born again thing ? i'm not so sure what it is (since i doubt it has to do anything with reincarnation) ... is that some sort of sub splinter group or something like that ?

24. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Arent born again Christians the only Christians in the world going to heaven?

I believe it is, though pagan, this:

they were christians in a past life and were sent back to Earth to do good one last time, thusly BORN AGAIN. And only now can they get into heaven.

the born again family I knew growing up, their son (my agegroup out of their 4 kids) was the BIGGEST liar our school ever knew. If you want the definition of shadenfraude, it was him. What was more, was I know later on (i didnt stay there and goto the same HS) he thought he was Gods gift to girls, but still a huge jerk. Now he had some Christian values we all could look up to.