Scoop on PS3??

Discussion in 'Games' started by MattyMac, Sep 21, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

When's it coming out officially?

Can it be preordered or do we have to wait on line basically overnight at the local best buy???

What is the price?

What are the odds of getting one on release date?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Shame on your thread title. I thought that you had a scoop on the PS3...

:):)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

some people have the weirdest requests.

[​IMG]

The scoop on PS3 - is it a big enough scoop ?

Happy Now :rolleyes: :p :D

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Here's a photo of the PS3, taken in the Sony Building, Ginza, Tokyo, 2 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

How's that?

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

i never noticed that there is a strange vent on the base behind the ps3.. maybe heating issues?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A machine larger, (supposedly) faster with more crammed inside than a 360? Of course it's going to have heating issues. It needs that fan as much as fools need Horse Armour.

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You ARE joking right??

8. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

All this has been officially announced a while ago. Wikipedia has a very handy compilation of all that info. Have a look: Link

This is different for every store. Check with your local retailers.

Somewhat low. Only 400,000 units fot the US Launch.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so how come no one is taking pre-orders yet? any idea of when they will start?

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Most store probably won't bother taking pre-orders. They will only have a dozen or so units or less per location on launch so it probably isn't worth the effort. The again, maybe they will simply to avoid a stampede on launch day. I suspect big retailers like EBGames will only sell PS3s as part of expensive bundles.

You might want to give this website a shot for PS3 preorders: Link

11. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Something funny about PS3:

Now, I'm probably not going to buy it, unless they release like, an ultra-comprehensive version of DDR (yeah yeah, DDR is still sweet) or remake Final Fantasy VII.

But do you all remember back to the heyday (spelling?) of video games in the early 90s? When Genesis and SNES were the big ones? Then there were what I like to think of as the "lost generation" of video game consoles (after the 16 bit systems, but before N-64 and Playstation) - that is, consoles that were high powered, but just not all that good, and overpriced: 3DO, Saturn, and Jaguar. And in there somewhere was Neo Geo(!), which was the most overpriced video game system ever.

I only mention it because, a lot of people are irked at the price of PS3 (599 bucks) - and they should be, but can you all remember the world where

3D0 cost 700 dollars
    Jaguar cost 300 dollars
    Neo Geo cost 500 dollars, with 250 dollar games.
    Sega CD cost 300 dollars.
    Saturn cost 400 dollars.

Man, those were the days.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Before Sony canned Europe, there was talk of Sony insisiting retailers take a deposit of £150 (so around $250) when people pre-ordered in order to limit the amount of people pre-ordering and preventing hawkers from buying multiples and selling them afterwards. In theory it sounded good, in practice it probably wouldnt work or make much difference.

However I imagine there will be Pre-orders, but at the moment even the supposed 400,000 units may be optomistic and until Sony know for sure (be prepared for this figure to drop significantly) they wont allow retailers to take ANY pre-orders.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I had some of those, and lest us not forget

Philips CDi
    NEC TurboGrafx
    Amiga CD32 console
    NeoGeo CD (the cheaper version but still died)

May they rest in peace..... :D

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

In the next nine to ten hours we will more about the system and the games that will be launched with it.

It just might be first come first serve with the PS3 seeing how there won't be much on hand anywhere. I won't do the launch thing for the PS3 but my friend is doing it and I just might let him get one for me or play his IF he gets his hands on one.

I didn't want to start a new thread but I'm liking the box art for the PS3....plus ninja gaiden for the PS3..sweet.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733086p1.html

Bless

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah but it's just the Xbox version with jizzed up graphics. Sadly not a new game.

Having played Ninja Gaiden, and retread the same thing with Ninja Gaiden Black, this 'new' version just washes over me...

Been there, done that....

16. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

My mom shelled out for the saturn. Damn. Also, my babysitter's husband had a neo-geo, which i always played. I believe they had some interesting games.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

MRU thats true but they might sneak in a few extras in there...I won't be getting it I had my share of NG for ten years.

Bless

18. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

O_O

Surely you mean "jazzed".

I'm glad they didn't go with the Blu-Ray heavy boxes.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No Jizzed, as in they make the game look so lovely it causes you to jizm ;) :D :D

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I used "jizzed up" once, a nice faux pas if I do say so myself. and I used to think "gang banging" was going around beating up gangs. I called on for some mates when I was 17 and said out loud with their parents in the next room "lets go for a bit of gang bangin!"

gotta love the fool.

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Did the parents let you visit their house again because that couldn't happen where I lived without a pot flying out of the window.

Bless

22. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Actually, you'll be able to play as Rachael and see a different story. Added enemies (some on motorcycles, some new bosses, etc.), revamped controls and new moves (including the ability to slice and dice with TWO swords), completely re-done cut-scenes, plus boosted graphics. It's damn near a whole new game.... Kind of nice, actually.

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Really now thats good. I hope they turn up the boss battles a little more...its always fun to get your arse kicked double time:mad:

Bless

24. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Yeeeeah buddy. IGN has a trailer full of new game footage (yes, playable game footage) and some of the new cinemas. Remember that boss fight in the church where the chick throws columns at you? Yeah, she's completely different now, looks like an even bigger pain in the ass. Plus the guy in the trench coat you have to fight now.

25. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^It looks sweet. The boss battles in NG was messed up I hated the dude on the horse(He kicked my arse) The games that they are showing looks impressive..maybe this is PS3 time to shine...they need it.

Bless