Scope of Plots Bush Says Were Foiled Is Questioned

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Oct 8, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I was going to post this in the "what has he done right?" thread, but, well, you know...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-terror8oct08,1,6176838.story

(Found in the back of the paper with the bra ads. Once again, the best part of the newspaper.)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wow, with such low standards, i've probably stopped a murder by, say, being a little slow in the line at the grocery store.

i wonder how many murders i've stopped. i'll say ten. where's my medal?

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

In the mail.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This Administration is an administration of Lies and Special Interests, I no longer take anything that comes out of this Whitehouse with anything more then a grain of salt..........Lets see, have a speech about Terrorism then tell everyone that terrorist want to blow up your subway then show a hookie story about how we have been saved 10 times with no facts or details?? Its all part of the Spin Machine of selling FEAR. We need a Teddy Roosevelt who said the only thing to Fear is Fear itself not a President who has over and over Sold Fear.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

My Sister voted for Bush because he was supposed to keep us safe. I had my doubts. After our response to Katrina, I'm afraid I might be right. I hope we don't have to find out the hard way again.

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

A friend of mine voted for Bush because he wanted to pick the "lesser of two evils." :rolleyes:

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Coincidentally, the latest terror threats just happen to tie the war on terrorism to Iraq. Which would lead some to believe that our presence there is necessary.

Strange, considering that before we took the war on terrorism to Iraq, there were no acts of terrorism directed at the US coming from Iraq. I thought one explanation was that we were fighting them over there so that we would not have to fight them over here.

In one way or another, it suggests that our efforts in Iraq are not working, and may have been detrimental overall. If we have control of Iraq, how are terror threats here in the states able to originate in Iraq? Especially if they were not coming from Iraq before we invaded.

It is a risky move to try and justify our occupation of Iraq. And seems to rely entirely on the assumption that people still believe, or are willing to believe, that what Bush has done is the right strategy.

Personally, I think it is ludicrous. If they have successfully neutralized the threat of Saddam, as claimed, why are terrorist threats now emanating from Iraq?

Perhaps the situation has gotten beyond Roves ability to effectively spin the consequences of their actions.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Actually, I think that's what it is. It might have worked in the beginning, but the longer we're there, the more people start questioning whether it was a good idea to invade at all. After the bombing in London, people we're blaming the Iraq war, not justifying it. Same with Spain before that. If we're attacked a second time, even if it isn't a major attack, I doubt people will stand behind Bush they way they did after 9/11.

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i think i smell rove.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I wonder how much of this valuable information was gleaned through voluntary admission.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i'd like to see a poll on how many americans still think 10 plots have been stopped.