Scorched Earth

Discussion in 'Games' started by JzzTrump22, Sep 19, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

2. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Well if by this, you mean this then I recommend you get a PC. Assumingly the one you're trying to use is the networked one that's a .bin hex file. I have no idea how to do that, I think you need OSX Server edition for that to work.

Otherwise stick with one of the Worms games. Worms 3D has pretty low system requirements and should fulfill your strategy needs.

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

No, i have the dmg version of it. It's made for mac now.

4. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Hmm...well if it's DMG then it should work. Sounds peculiar. Great game though, my brother & I used to play that all the time before Worms 2 came around. If you're looking for something very similar yet completely unfulfilling, try Pocket Tanks. Cheers man.

5. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

You can get the X11 version, XScorch, from Fink. :cool:

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Scorched Earth 3D should work perfectly fine on Mac OS X... I play it all the time. The original scorched earth also works fine, although through DosBox.

7. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Could you explain how to install it because i got the dmg file off the website and then it mounted and then i installed it. I clicked the icon and it came up in the dock but the game didn't start. I think someone mentioned you have to install 1 of the files in a special folder.

8. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I just pulled the DMG off the website and ran it. Make sure you have Apple's X11 installed first.