Score some great Mac games for $4 a pop!

Discussion in 'Games' started by neoelectronaut, Jan 28, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

http://www.macplay.com/specials.php

MacPlay is having a 4th anniversary special on a bunch of their older games. There are quite a few gems in there, so check it out and get some great games for little dough!

2. d-fi macrumors member

os X

hey there

i'm still kind of new to macs can these games be played in Panther? i have a new G4 iBook and i was wondering if these games will play with it

Thanks!

d-fi

oops my bad i see that some of them are listed as working with os x :)

3. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Yeah. And a few that aren't listed as OS X may have a patch that makes them OS X-native.

Need some suggestions?

4. d-fi macrumors member

I already made a order i figured that i could'nt go to far wrong for 4$bucks a pop +shipping. :)

i decided to grab:

Aliens vs. Predator $4.00
    Fallout 2 $4.00
    Sacrifice $4.00

and because it's funny and i liked it on the PC.

No One Lives Forever $29.99

Can't wait till i get my hands on em

:D

5. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Sacrifice is a freaking TIGHT game. I've had it for about a month but I only started playing it a few days ago. :p

Once you get it maybe we can set up a multiplayer whatsit.

6. d-fi macrumors member

sacrafice

The promo write up for it just looked too cool, i've been burned by promo write ups before but can't turn it down for $4. It looks like a great game is it quite hard?

Might be able to do multi player but you'll have to wait for about a month waiting for the new iBook to arrive :)

d-fi

7. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I haven't gotten that far into it yet, honestly, but so far everything is smooth sailing. It's a weird mix between a Real-Time Strategy game and something like Diablo...

I'm just glad it's a RTS that doesn't involve gathering materials or resources....they should change the name for those kind of games to "Real-Time Economics"

8. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Oh yeah, anyone want to give me their personal insights on the following? (Which should I avoid and which should I DEFINITELY get?)

• Fallout
    • Fallout 2
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Sin Gold
    • Hexen II
    • Heretic II
    • Freedom Force
    • Giants: Citizen Kabuto

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

10. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Fallout/Fallout 2 are great if you're into turn based role playing games. They have a great story and if you're patient, they are really fun to play.

Aliens vs. Predator is alright, but not nearly as good as AvP 2. Personally, I don't like it much and would avoid it. It is just a bunch of levels stringed together with no story.

Sin Gold: Adolescent shooter with lots of women and bouncing boobies. Gets boring pretty fast

HexenII/HereticII: never played them so I can't say much. They're pretty old games tho

Freedom Force: It's supposed to be a pretty good game, at least the PC game mags said so.

Giants: Supposed to be pretty good and the gameplay is pretty innovative. You can actually become this massive 40' tall creature of destruction for a third of the game.