Scosche Already Designing New Dock Connector Accessories

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 28, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

iLounge reports on images from an anonymous tipster showing off the first photos of accessories for the new Apple Dock connector.

[Images removed at request of Scosche]​
    The products appear to come from Scosche and incorporate both a micro USB plug, as well as an adapter for the new iPhone dock connector.

The charger will presumably charge devices that use either the micro USB plug or Apple's new dock connector. The new smaller dock connector has been rumored to be replacing the current 30-pin connector. Photos of the new dock cable have already been leaked. 3rd party accessory makers appear to already be working on compatible devices to be able to provide accessories at or near launch.

[​IMG]

Old dock connector pictured on top, and new smaller dock connector pictured below.

Article Link: Scosche Already Designing New Dock Connector Accessories

2. macrumors member

:)

I just need a good converter

3. macrumors newbie

The phone appears to be wider too... ??

4. macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

I swear that new phone looks wider, and thicker too

5. macrumors member

This is exactly what irritates me about the new design. The loss of the several hundred dollars in peripherals, cases and adapters I'll sustain due to needless redesigns. Going to have to think long and hard about whether to get an iPhone 4S or the new iPhone. :mad:

6. macrumors regular

DUDE! iPhone 5 almost here. IM TRIPPIN BALLZ!

7. macrumors newbie

Jarra

new phone photo?

Where did the photo of the phone below come from? That is the more interesting story here!

8. macrumors 6502

"The products appear to come from Scoshe and incorporate both a micro USB plug, as well as an adapter for the new iPhone dock connector.

The charger will presumably charge devices that use either the micro USB plug or Apple's new dock connector."

[​IMG]

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

10. macrumors regular

Still don't like how they have the earphone jack at the bottom. It just seems so... wrong.

11. macrumors 603

troop231

But yet so... right :D

12. macrumors member

Hm

It's more natural for me so I can just stick It into the poket without worrying about earbud being broken

13. macrumors member

Still wondering if it will carry video. It has to right?

14. macrumors 6502

Yes because the case for the 4/4S would fit a longer iPhone :rolleyes:

First they complain that they want a redesign, then they complain because stuff doesn't work anymore. Wake up...this is Apple. They make money on selling you incremental increases year after year. You're either in or your out. I for one am still waiting for an iPod with a good sound quality on their amp, but this will never happen...Apple does what is best for them...

If for the obligatory "Steve wouldn't have allowed that"

15. macrumors 65816

Toltepeceno

To each his own, but I prefer it.

16. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

please pardon me while i go and throw away all my chargers and money

17. macrumors regular

did you ever go through the db9, din, ps2, lpt to usb phase? Doesn't sound like it. Those were thousands upon thousands of dollars of very critical equipment made instantly out of date. This always happens, if you don't want/have the funds to cope with the new connector, don't upgrade yet.

I think people don't realize how often they put their phone in upside-down in their pocket.

18. macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

xD meems r so funney 11/10

19. macrumors 6502a

Is this a serious question?

20. macrumors 68040

iSee

They must have had the 30-pin connector for a long time... maybe almost 10 years? I think it's OK to occassionally update, as long as there's a real advantage.

I assume the smaller connector will save space in the phone that could be used for something else (e.g. battery, if nothing else!).

The real question is, why didn't they go with a standard connector?

21. macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

Not hard to think about at all. Get the 4S and stop complaining. Change is inevitable, and 10+ years with the same connector is an eternity in the mobile world.

22. macrumors 68020

Apple spoiled us to the point we lost all sense of reality. This plug has been the same for a very, very long time.

Go check the rest of your electronics and see how many have been constant all these years.

23. macrumors regular

But if you have the jack at the bottom you have to have your phone upside down in your pocket. I don't like that.

24. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

Can't wait:apple:

25. macrumors 68020

Huh? You can't do this with the headphone jack on the top? You must have strange pockets.

----------

Well then they have more than one problem. It's a simple thing to put the phone in either way.