Scosche Lightning Cable Charging Adapters Now Available

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 14, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As previewed back in November, Scosche has released its lineup of third-party Lightning car and home chargers, including the first official retractable Lightning cable on the market.

[​IMG]
    The lineup includes both 12W ($34.99) and 5W ($29.99) wall chargers, as well as 12W ($29.99) and 5W ($24.99) coiled car chargers. The 5W models are designed to charge the iPhone and iPod touch only, but are $5 cheaper. The 3 foot retractable Lightning-to-USB cable is available for $24.99.

Scosche had previously announced "Pro" models that included convertible micro-USB and Lightning tips. The company tells MacRumors that these models have been cancelled, but didn't say why.

The chargers and cables are available at Scosche.com as well as AT&T, Wal-Mart and a number of other Apple Premium Retailers.

Article Link: Scosche Lightning Cable Charging Adapters Now Available

2. macrumors 65816

They are pretty ugly and cheap looking for the price. But at least we're starting to get more third party lightning stuff...

3. macrumors member

Seems pretty expensive for 3rd party crap. No thanks.

4. macrumors member

I got the car charger in the mail yesterday. The connector tip is bigger than the apple one but smaller than the griffin, belkin and ATT ones. It didnt fit in 2 out of 3 cases that I own. Will probably return it

5. macrumors regular

iThinkIt

6. macrumors 68000

7. macrumors 6502a

jent

It would be better if it had a detachable USB cable.

8. macrumors member

Not my style.. especially at $30+ dollar shipped.. Here is a coupon I picked up at MacWorld though for those that need it.. Enjoy!

MACWORLD13 - 25% Off Any Order!

9. macrumors 65816

OldSchoolMacGuy

I hate coiled cords. Picked up a Belkin iPhone 5 car charger for $20 shipped from them a couple months back when they offered 20% off everything on the site.

10. macrumors 68020

theBB

All the third party certified lightning cables I have noticed come in black. Does Apple have a prohibition against third party white cables?

11. macrumors newbie

benfalcon

Pricey!

Monoprice has them at $11.77 or will very soon...

12. macrumors G5

nagromme

I bet they canned the convertible ones for durability: I have a convertible USB cord and it's neat, but seems like it would break in time. Charging is something you do hundreds of times a year; lots of wear and tear.

No, there are white 30-pin accessories, and they too need Apple's approval if they want to show Apple's MFi logo. Maybe black cords are just cheaper/easier to source. I'd prefer black in a car: less showy if a thief is glancing in!

13. macrumors 6502a

Any reliable 5ft+ lightning cables someone can recommend?