Scosche Wireless FM Transmitter

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rockthecasbah, Oct 24, 2006.

1. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I was looking the other day on the iLounge forums and found this thread about a super cheap but amazing quality car stereo FM transmitter. There are 35 pages of people backing it up and saying that it is quite powerful for the price, as well as others mentioning that a different older version is lousy.

I haven't ever heard of the brand as was considering buying the newest model of it as seen below and was curious to see if anyone has had experience with Scosche products, particularly their FM transmitters.

Also if anyone has imput on a cheap and superior quality transmitter, feel free to advise me.

Attached Files:

2. rockthecasbah thread starter macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

3. rockthecasbah thread starter macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Well for the 63 of you that looked at this thread but decided not to post :)rolleyes: ) i ordered one of these babies tonight, it should come between Nov. 2nd and Nov 9th. I'll post a review of it here after i get to play around with it.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I noticed that Best Buy has a piece of equipment from the same company with a Bluetooth connection for $199. It allows your iPod and Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to work with your car stereo. However, I was surprised when, at the time they were claiming an all-digital connection, they used the analog headphone plug instead of the dock connector. Of course, the other end had RCA connectors, so I suppose the headphone adapter doesn't matter.

5. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Hey there. I actually went and picked this lil' baby up today and boy is it nice! for only $25, if completely surpasses the $80 monster FM transmitter i bought. There is only a tiny tiny bit of static but it disappears when you turn on your music. I highly recommend you go pick up one of these at walmart. Remember, they are in the AUTOMOTIVE section, not electronics.

BTW, Scosche makes a really nice ipod dock that holds any ipod made (besides 1st and 2nd gen shuffles) its super cheap too and latched onto your AC vent. Another recommended buy.

6. klink08 macrumors newbie

Scoshe Good

Scoshe products are really good and they stand behind them. I have the bluetooth car kit, bluetooth earphones, and wireless remote. Love em.

7. rockthecasbah thread starter macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Yes i would agree, after using this transmitter i would highly reccommend it. The fact is it's super cheap and does the job. FM Transmitters are obviously limited in capability, but this one does a great job for the money and im satisfied for the most part.