Scott Stevenson Tutorial

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by CHawk, Mar 23, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Can someone please help me!! I am a complete newbie to Cocoa, and I am following the tutorials set by Scott Stevenson at cocoadevcentral.com. Everything was going fine until I arrived halfway through 'Learn Cocoa II' and I dragged an AppController.h to my MainMenu.nib. There is supposed to be an icon of the AppController appearing in the MainMenu.nib window, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong, or has the programme changed since the tutorial was written? Can anyone shed some light please????

2. macrumors 603

Cromulent

I assume you are using Xcode and Interface Builder version 3? If so the tutorial is probably written for the old version, as Interface Builder in particular has changed quite a bit since the version for Tiger.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Versions of software

I am using Leopard OS. I have literally just downloaded a few days ago. I downloaded Interface Builder 3 and xCode 3. If so, should I be doing a different action to achieve the same effect, or perhaps, I should just follow a different tutorial. Please advise?!?!?

4. macrumors 603

Cromulent

You just need to read the Interface Builder manual to see how it works differently.

There are quite a few changes like that.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help - I managed to find out how to do this from various tutorials!!!