Scratch remover thread

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hazeof3dd, Sep 27, 2005.

1. hazeof3dd macrumors member

Since there has been a lot of talk about how easily the nano scratches (i was careless and put the screen facing down on a hard surface in my car and have a nice big scratch right across the screen), what does everyone use to remove scratches from their ipods? I want something that will be able to almost, and preferably completely, remove the scratches from the screen. I don't mind so much the rest of the ipod, the screen is whats important. I have already preordered a Clear Skintight case from Speck which should be shipped in about 3 weeks. But I am curious as to what you all recommend. Thanks!

2. hazeof3dd thread starter macrumors member

by the way, it would be nice if someone knows something i can run down to a store and get and not have to order online

3. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Whatever you do, don't use Novus scratch remover. I spent 2 hours tonight (and 20 bucks!) trying to get scratches off my Nano's screen. It did indeed polish it, but didn't do squat for the scratches.

4. hazeof3dd thread starter macrumors member

well after doing some reading i went ahead and ordered icleaner. It is reasonably priced and from the sounds of it it works well! We'll soon find out.

5. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Nice. Be sure to post your results. I'll look forward to seeing them.

6. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am an automotive detailer (in my spare time)

I removed scratches from my normal ipod by using a light rubbing compound, followed by Swirrl remover, followed by glaze..

It worked well and my Ipod (front and back) are scratch free now.

The only thing about using this stuff on a "click wheel" device is the fact that you will need to tape off the wheel section as to not get it wet, or clogged with wax compounds.

My nano has been protected by tape since I bought it, and has no scratches yet (knock on drywall).

7. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness