scratch resistant ipod nano

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ssj300, Oct 22, 2005.

1. ssj300 macrumors member

Jun 14, 2005
    heres the link

bought it on the first day of release, picture taken after 2 weeks. 5 days of use at ~4 hours each day in my pocket.

after 20 hours in my pocket, the ipod looks like that.
    and the button is a sticker.

please don't tell me i have crappy pockets... because i don't
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    I left the protective film on the nano and haven't taken it off. I agree, the scratching is ridiculous for a premium electronic product such as this. I didn't mind the mini finish at all, and that little baby has not seen any scratches for 18 months that I've had it.
  3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    yup....that nano went through the pocket war. did mighty battles with the keys from the north and the pens from the south.....Can their ever be peace in the pocket kingdom!!!

4. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2005
    Not good. Maybe it's time to invest in a cover?
  5. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Nano had been used. :eek:

Seriously though, I can empathize with your anxiety, but what's the big deal?

The scratches come out quite easily with many products (try Brasso), but as long as it's in regular use, it's going to be scratched.

My 4G iPod has all sort of scratches and marks all over it, I'll clean it one of these days.
  6. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
  7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

OP said it was a sticker.

I think it's cute! :)

But, that screen is FAR from unreadable-- those are just normal scratches. They look worse because they're on black plastic.. on white they kinda blend in.
    I bet that's what 99% of the "scratched to the point of unreadable" nanos that are part of the "Gimmie your money and Nano profits!!" lawsuit look like. :rolleyes:
    (I know that OP didn't say that it's unreadable, but it's just a thought)

*edited to fix a sentence.. because I don't do english good*
  8. ssj300 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 14, 2005
    i don't put the nano with anything else in my pocket. i dunt like bulgin pockets, the reason why i bough the nano.

im not complaining tho, just trying 2 convince ppl to believe it when others say it scratches easily.

cases makes the simple ipod not as simple as you would have to take it out.. then.. put it back in.. and.. yea... killing one of the purposes of the ipod. 1 step to change songs becomes 3.

as with keepin the plastic thing on, ill be mising thhe feel of the clickwheel.. unless u cut a hole.. which leads to more scratching unless ur a hole pro. which most of us aren't.
  9. CalGrunt macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2005