scratches on ipod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ipaqman, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey everyone,

i was just wondering what people use to cover up their scratches on the ipod. do you use stickers to cover the scratches, or do you just leave them?

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Stickers are going to leave marks worse than scratches if you ever try to remove them. Many people try to use Brasso to polish their iPods and some claim that is a miracle worker, others say that it didn't work. I tried this and found it to be somewhere in the middle. Brasso will probably not hurt your iPod, but you should take up any button openings etc before you attempt to use it on your high priced investment. They also sell things like Ice Creme and iPod Cleaner online, but these are expensive solutions to the problem. Good luck, and contact me for more Brasso tips.

3. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Live with 'em...

Come on.. It's a handheld appliance that will someday be relegated to a cardboard box in your basement or the trash. Get over the first little scratches and USE the thing instead of it using YOU to keep it looking pristine. My mini has a chunk on the edge from when I caught my arm in the headphone cord and pulled it out of my pocket and onto the sidewalk. Your first big scratch should be liberating. It makes the second much easier to deal with.

Enjoy your toy. That's what it was made for.

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Mine had scratches when I bought it. It was discounted as it was a return/refurb - so I got money off something I was only gonna scratch anyway. ;)

5. dav macrumors 6502

Amen