Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackDahlia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Portland
Any tips on getting rid of scratches or prevent them from happening on my MacBook. It's not necesarily on the display but on the front of the lid (where the Apple Logo is located).

Advice?

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Trust me... You don't want to keep worrying about scratches. I was the same way when I got my MBP until I dented it and scratched it. There is no point to keep worrying because damage will always occur on a portable computer.

tinman0

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
Any tips on getting rid of scratches or prevent them from happening on my MacBook. It's not necesarily on the display but on the front of the lid (where the Apple Logo is located).

Advice?

Got the same problem. To protect the casing a little bit I got one of those cheap nylon type cases off eBay. You get can get them in various colours, but I got the clear one, clicks around the laptop whether its closed or open.

Cost about $20 and has more or less stopped the casing get scratched in its tracks. Still got the original scratches from when I didn't have the covers, but at least its not getting any worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.