Scratches on My MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BlackDahlia, Feb 19, 2007.

1. BlackDahlia macrumors newbie

Any tips on getting rid of scratches or prevent them from happening on my MacBook. It's not necesarily on the display but on the front of the lid (where the Apple Logo is located).

Advice?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There is an Apple support article somewhere, but TBH don't worry too much about it ;).

3. BlackDahlia thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Trust me... You don't want to keep worrying about scratches. I was the same way when I got my MBP until I dented it and scratched it. There is no point to keep worrying because damage will always occur on a portable computer.

5. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Same way you get scratches out of iPod nano 1st gen. :D

6. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I've seen posts of people using Applesauce polish on their MacBooks and it working out well, though I can't vouch for it personally. It's worth a try. :)

7. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

8. tinman0 macrumors regular

Got the same problem. To protect the casing a little bit I got one of those cheap nylon type cases off eBay. You get can get them in various colours, but I got the clear one, clicks around the laptop whether its closed or open.

Cost about $20 and has more or less stopped the casing get scratched in its tracks. Still got the original scratches from when I didn't have the covers, but at least its not getting any worse.