scratches remover on ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kent_ridge, May 29, 2005.

1. kent_ridge macrumors newbie

I scratched the back of my iPod badly and I realised that the solution I got cannot remove them. Reason being it's a metal back.

I'm using the Kensington solution that's susposed to remove scratches on the plastic surface of the iPod by rubbing it with pressure for about 40 MINUTES!

Has anybody tried and figure out a better way to remove the scratches?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There's a thread here that's old but it's still pretty useful. For a more modern thread, albeit one about the iBook, see here. Sure, I know the iBook and iPod are quite different materials but I'm pretty sure it'll be useful anyway. Heaps of the products will clean either product quite well.

3. kent_ridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot!!

Anybody tried sandpaper and realised the apple logo was removed together with the scratches? I'm pretty tempted to try.

4. zach macrumors 65816

zach

www.radtech.us sells a cream for removing scratches from the front of iPods and iBooks, as well as a special cream for removing scratches from the back of iPods.

<edit> oh, and sandpaper will ::not:: work unless you have an unbelievably high grade, otherwise it will just scratch it more. </edit>

5. kent_ridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Okie.. thanks.. cos the previous threads recommended it.