screen brightness on ibook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gijze, Feb 23, 2006.

1. gijze macrumors newbie

hello,
    sorry for my English, as I ain't a native speaker.
    When I shut down my Ibook (10.4.5 installed), and let it just count down with the lid open (not clicking again on "shut down"), then the next time I start it up, the brightness seems to be on its lowest. Is this a known software issue, or am I the only one having this problem?
    thx in advance,
    gijze

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

check on apple's forums.. i haven't heard about anything like that. I have an ibook and it doesnt do that. Check your energy saver settings?

3. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Are you sure this doesn't have to do with whether or not it's plugged in? The Energy preferances change it accordingly.

4. gijze thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't think it has anything to do with the energy settings. when I click in the dialogue to shut it down (rather than let it count down and then shut down itself), there isn't any problem...

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

take it to an apple store and show them then, could be fault wiring or something (although I doubt it). Probably a minor problem as the backlighting works fine the rest of the time.

Anyway, make an appointment and see what the apple guys have to say.

6. gijze thread starter macrumors newbie

it is just a software problem i guess, cause it's only the software setting of my brightness that is set to the minimum. The problem is that, here in Belgium, there aren't any Apple Stores, and if you want a repair, a retailer has to send it to a sort of Apple Point for investigation, and all shipping taxes are to be paid by me (a poor student).
    It's just a very minor (but annoying) problem, and I was just wondering if i was the only one having it...