Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertBosworth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2016
When I'm putting my Iphone 5 s on the charge the screen slows down and does not react on the touches. Then after about 5 minutes it begin to works as usually. Anybody can tell me what's the matter with him?

It already 3 years old and at the first glance it;s not such a great term of using it.. So, maybe the port is clogged?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can try cleaning out the port. You can also try using a different cable, a different charger, and perhaps a different outlet to see if any of those make a difference.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
When I'm putting my Iphone 5 s on the charge the screen slows down and does not react on the touches. Then after about 5 minutes it begin to works as usually. Anybody can tell me what's the matter with him?

It already 3 years old and at the first glance it;s not such a great term of using it.. So, maybe the port is clogged?

You're using an unofficial or frayed/broken cable. Common issue. Buy a new good quality MFi cable and you'll be fine.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
I have a similar problem intermittently. When I try to swipe the lock screen to unlock, it won't allow me to do so. If I unplug the phone, I am fine. I am using Apple charger and cord. Like I say, for me it's just an intermittent thing so I basically ignore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.