Screen calibration hardware - what do you use?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Westside guy, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I am curious to pick the brains of those folks that have taken the plunge and purchased some sort of colorimeter (or related device).

- What package did you buy? Are you happy with it?

- Have you stuck to the software that came with the device, or is there better third-party software that you prefer?

- What level of printer profiling have you done (assuming you're printing your images yourself).

Thanks for any help and information you can provide!

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I haven't used it personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about the Spyder products.

3. leumluath macrumors member

I've used a borrowed Eye-One to profile an Epson 7600 and monitor. It did an excellent job, better than the supplied profiles.

Lately, I've been researching them to get one for myself. The Eye-One is still my preference. (Eye-One Proof, in my case, because I need CMYK press profiling.)

4. jlcharles macrumors 6502

I'm using a spyder2express($70ish). i like it. not a lot of customizations during the process, but you could always open up the apple display calibration to change those numbers.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Spyder2 Pro, I'm happy, I've even profiled with a 3M polarizer over the screen and had acceptable (if not perfect) results.)

I'm really interested in that new wide-carriage HP printer that has a built-in spectrometer, if I go to doing my own prints it's about at the top of my list.

7. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

8. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia