Screen capture in JPG

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mdetry, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mdetry macrumors newbie

I am using the Shift-Control-Command-4 to capture a region of the screen and the content to go to the Clipboard instead of a PDF file.
    This is very important to me as I am usually sending them by email as I review software.

The only problem I am having is that when I paste it, it a TIFF format file.
    Is any way to make this a JPeg file so that windows email clients will be able to see the graphics inside the emails?

Regards,

Marcos

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

When the picture is taken it shows up on the desktop, I simply open it up in Preview and export it out as a JPEG file

Its a pain I know but I think Apple are going to change these to PNG format instead

3. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

Try reading the "No PDF Screen Capture" thread. It's about 8 lines below this one, so you might have trouble finding it :p

The Void
    My Mug's black, actually

4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Just rename it .jpg it will ask if you want to change the file extension - you say yes.

5. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Of course changing the file extension wouldn't change the file format.

Don't pick on the guy for asking a simple question.

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I wasn't trying too... I was just having an idiot moment.

7. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Oh, sorry then! :cool:

8. mattraehl macrumors 6502

set folder actions!

You might be able to use applescript to set folder actions on your desktop folder.

i am at work so i can't give exact insturctions, but you should be able to set applescript so that every time something goes onto your desktop, you perform an action. there is a pre-installed action that you can choose, which will convert images to jpg. So, it would be something like, every time an image is placed in my desktop folder (/Users/username/Desktop), applescript checks if it is an image, and if so, converts it to jpg. However, I am not sure if it will recognize a pdf document as an image.