screen captures - weird behavior

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tekmoe, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

when i do a screen capture on my new mbp c2d, i press command-shift-3 and nothing shows up on the desktop. if i do a search in spotlight, i can see Picture 1.png and when i click it, it opens the screen capture i took and the file magically appears on the desktop.

what the heck is going on?

2. stevehp macrumors 6502

I wish I had my new C2D MBP to check for you!

Sorry!

3. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

when all else fails...REBOOT!

problem solved. ;)

4. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

it doesn't show up ever? As in, you take a screenshot, and it never appears, or you take a screenshot and it shows up maybe a minute or two later?

5. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Hum. That's interesting. And you are from Dallas and got the new CD2!! Have you tried the command-shift-4 to see what happens. How else does this run. Fast? Faster? Let us know! Thanks.

6. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

i took numerous screen captures, both full and cropped using cmd-shift-3 and cmd-shift-4. i did a search under spotlight for anything called Picture and sure enough about 8 of them pulled up under the search. as i clicked each one of them they began to appear on the desktop. it was weird! i rebooted the laptop and now when i do a screen capture they show up immediately like they should have done in the first place.

who knows?

i am loving my new c2d mbp. it's my first intel mac and this thing screams!!

7. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Where and when did you purchase? That is a fast delivery. Anything else to mention?:)