Screen changed colors without changing settings...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by in2themystik2, Feb 24, 2007.

1. in2themystik2 macrumors member

Longgg time since I've posted! Okay, I have an iBook G4 that I've had for over a year, and the other day, my darling little puppy ran across the keyboard as he occasionally does. :rolleyes: Anyway, upon hitting a bunch of ubttons, I assume he changed some setting, but I cannot figure out what it is, or what he did. I've looked at the color settings to the best of my knowledge and they are all the same. The background color of all windows is black including word, ichat, safari, etc. Everything else looks kind of like an x-ray, or thermal scan or negative. I may just be crazy, and not finding what I need to to fix this. Does anyone know how to fix this? i'm hoping something crazy didn't go wrong with my laptop and that it's just some setting out of whack.

In case I am doing a terrible job explaining, here are two screen shots of what I mean.

This is a pic of my Red and White oranda... not so red and white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you know how to fix this, please let me know! Thanks! :)

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Your doggy pressed apple-option-control-8, press it again.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, much more orange. Or perhaps gold if one is generous. :D

This is such a complex key combination that I'm amazed that people trigger it by accident.

If you have trouble remembering cmd-ctrl-opt-8, you can also remember that it is available from Sys Prefs -> Universal Access. Also if you wish, you may go to System Prefs -> Kbd and Mouse -> Shortcuts tab and turn off these items in the list to prevent yourself or pets from accidentally turning them on/off.

4. in2themystik2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! That was easy! :D Oh thank goodness, haha, my eyes were getting tired of looking at it like that!

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

its quite funny becuase the screen shots look normal dont you mean your comp was in the negative!

Ha just tried it out and you cant take a pic of your comp in the negative! how strange!